Is there a way to insert the Campaign ID as Dynamic Variable?

user121176
Rookie
0 Votes

Based on the link below about the Dynamic Links in an Email, is there a way we can insert the campaign ID as a Dynamic Variable? https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/38461-Insert-Dynamic-Links-in-an-Em...=en_US

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @user121176 ,

Only the variables listed in the tables are guaranteed to work. To my knowledge there's no way of inserting campaign IDs, or anything adjacent in that respect, as a variable. 

If you setup custom fields for your contacts that includes Campaign ID, that could work, but I would recommend going through our article on setting up custom fields first.

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user121176 ,

Only the variables listed in the tables are guaranteed to work. To my knowledge there's no way of inserting campaign IDs, or anything adjacent in that respect, as a variable. 

If you setup custom fields for your contacts that includes Campaign ID, that could work, but I would recommend going through our article on setting up custom fields first.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
user121176
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi @William_A,

Thank you for your response. However, the custom field for contacts is fixed for each contact. This could be a lot of repetitive tasks just to update the contact for each campaign. 

Is there any way to track the campaign information through the URL. For example a URL in the logo in the header and footer instead of replacing the URL every time we duplicate a campaign we always need to verify if the URLs on that section are replaced.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Beyond the custom fields having a previous campaign's URL as a designated element - which would still circle back to your initial statement on the static nature of it, and its manual update needs - there wouldn't be any particular way to utilize a campaign's URL for the sake of these variables.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
ShadL9
Rookie
0 Votes

Sure would be simple to implement a custom variable list like you have custom fields. Here is why it would save hours each week... 

Our weekly newsletter has about 25 links, each link has to be updated with the UTM params that apply to the list segments, campaign name etc etc etc

so editing each link requires me to update the params individually (20+ times)  https://url.com/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new-shoes

Sure would be nice to have something like this  https://url.com/?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=[[utm-campaign]]

In fact a better way of deploying this would to have an advanced setting on each email that allows to define UTM params for each email, similar to how google ads, Facebook ads and everyone else that provides ad services because of the value it offers. 

I really hope someone actually takes these feedback items into consideration. Seems CC should be about making marketers lives better and we're telling you exactly how to achieve this 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST