Check out the Latest Product Updates for Summer 2024!

List data for contacts on multiple lists

SOLVED
Go to solution
NancyP235
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

This is an unusual question, and I realize there may not be a solution, but I'd appreciate any feedback: We have a large number of contacts who appear on multiple lists. I am trying to understand if there is a way to differentiate/export more information about their list membership from the CONTACT side (i.e., I'm not looking for campaign activity or anything like that, I want this data across all contacts regardless of activity). For example: when I export contacts, list memberships appear in one column, comma separated. For those contacts on multiple lists, the order their list memberships appear in the export does not follow any apparent logic (alphabetical, etc). Is there any meaning we can construe from the order in which the lists export, e.g. do they correspond to the order in which the contact joined the lists? (Relatedly: is there a way for each list to receive its own column in the contact export, rather than all lists appearing together in a single cell?) Or, is there another way to export a large number of contacts with richer data about list membership (e.g., date they joined a list)? I am aware of the Contact Added/Contact Updated fields and wonder if similar data is stored for list membership. Appreciate any feedback!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @NancyP235 ,

No, list membership is included with a contact based on the order they would've been added to the lists they're in at time of export. Lists are included in a single column, comma separation, they cannot be exported as individual columns.

If you need to export contacts based on list membership, I'd advise exporting the lists individually so you can name them as such. We don't keep extensive data of when a contact is added to a list, so there's nothing that would be available for export in that regard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @NancyP235 ,

No, list membership is included with a contact based on the order they would've been added to the lists they're in at time of export. Lists are included in a single column, comma separation, they cannot be exported as individual columns.

If you need to export contacts based on list membership, I'd advise exporting the lists individually so you can name them as such. We don't keep extensive data of when a contact is added to a list, so there's nothing that would be available for export in that regard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
NancyP235
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

Thank you

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jul 10
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST
Jul 25
Webinar: Master Your Digital Marketing Metrics
2:00 PM - 3:00 PM EST