I manage a number of lists and send a different email every morning to each list. This morning when I logged onto the CC website I noticed that the number of subscribers to one of my lists had increased 1000 fold. On closer inspection, I could see that some contacts had been added to the list (ie their old list subscriptions remained in place) and some contacts had had their old list subscription replaced with the new one).
There is no way that my contacts made these changes themselves.
I'm struggling to understand how this could possibly have happened.
Does anyone know if CC can reinstate a snapshot of lists as of yesterday?
Does anyone know if CC can provide logs of list change activity so I can try to debug?
Hello, I see you got in contact with our support team this morning. They will stay in touch with you on this issue moving forward.
Support still hasn't called back and the issue isnt resolved. I did a bulk upload of contacts' custom values (not including their lists or list membership) and the action somehow on the back-end resulted in a load of contacts being added to a new list, in some instances overriding their old list membership. It has corrupted my lists. I am very, very unhappy about this. I need to be able to trust CC to manage the integrity of lists and at the very least reinstate lists that CC back-end code has corrupted, which I have been advised cannot occur because I spotted it 24 hours after it had occurred. I honestly don't know what to think. If i cant rely on CC for list management I dont have much desire to stay with CC. Im hoping for a very prompt call from the dev team. It is 18:10 in London. I was unable to get support this morning as you dont cover hours outside US. So this issue will render me unable to communicate with my contacts for another business day.
The Constant Contact User Community is hosting a sweepstakes. The more you participate, the more chances you have to win! Read on to learn more...Read More