Phantom Users

SOLVED
Go to solution
DickD59
Rookie
0 Votes

I have an e mail address that keeps coming back as a "postmaster@outlook" message of nondelivery AND I cannot find it anywhere in my Constant Contact

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DickD59 ,

That's a generic email address used by Outlook for notifying you of an undeliverable bounce. Other email programs are also known to utilize similar "postmaster@" addresses for their automated bounce notification emails. The true contact's address might be included in the email you receive from "postmaster@," but otherwise this is simply referencing one of your contacts that's regularly bouncing, as shown in your emails' reporting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DickD59 ,

That's a generic email address used by Outlook for notifying you of an undeliverable bounce. Other email programs are also known to utilize similar "postmaster@" addresses for their automated bounce notification emails. The true contact's address might be included in the email you receive from "postmaster@," but otherwise this is simply referencing one of your contacts that's regularly bouncing, as shown in your emails' reporting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST