SMS date and time format

Miracleleaguejc
Rookie
0 Votes

I am trying to upload my contact list with the consent date and time.  I am using Google Sheets to gather contact information and can't get the format in a form that can be uploaded.  The form I have is  .  I've tried using the format command in Sheets but can't get it in an acceptable format. Any help is appreciated.

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Miracleleaguejc ,

If Google Sheets can't give you the consent dates in a proper CSV / XLS type format, then you'll likely need to manually add those into a spreadsheet program so it can be uploaded. Otherwise, I'd advise reaching out to Google's support to see if there's a more streamlines or viable way of getting this info into an applicable spreadsheet format.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Miracleleaguejc
Rookie
0 Votes

Way too many lines to manually change. I did find a solution that worked. I created a new column beside the google sheets column containing the consent date.  In the first cell of the new column I entered the following command to convert the date information to text information in the proper format. =TEXT ( $B2, "yyyy-m-dd" ). I then just copied down the column by clicking and dragging the formula down the column.  I successfully uploaded the CSV file once that was done.  Thanks.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST