Spell check erasing additional text content

SOLVED
Go to solution
RobertR94032
Campaign Collaborator
0 Votes

I am submitting this "Idea" because it is Midnight Saturday, and I cannot see a quick, easy way to report an obvious defect in your email composition tool.  Unlike your excellent telephone support, there just doesn't seem to be a quick, easy way to submit a defect report after hours.

Here it is:  When your email editor prompts me to correct a spelling error, and I click on the suggested answer, it erases the entire paragraph in the email I'm composing.  I am happy to try to reproduce the problem for you.  I am composing the email on the CC website using Chrome, running on an iMac with OSX 10.14.6 (Mojave).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @RobertR94032 ,

Thank you for providing that technical info. We've attached the existing service request regarding this issue to your account. If and when there's an update regarding it, the engineers will notify you directly. In the meantime, the best workaround is to simply type out the correct spelling rather than use the browser's default correct spelling replacer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @RobertR94032 ,

Thank you for providing that technical info. We've attached the existing service request regarding this issue to your account. If and when there's an update regarding it, the engineers will notify you directly. In the meantime, the best workaround is to simply type out the correct spelling rather than use the browser's default correct spelling replacer.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
RobertR94032
Campaign Collaborator

You're welcome, William!  Thank you for creating a service ticket!  I will type the answer manually until I receive that notice.  I understand that the correction mechanism is  browser feature, and I appreciate your commitment to allow us to use that feature.  It is quite useful!

Rob

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Apr 23
Community Conversations: SMS Marketing - Activate, Regulate, Communicate!
2PM - 3:00 PM EST