Updating contacts physical address via a file, unable to select correct address field

OACP

Hi, 

Would like some help or advice. 

I am trying to upload contacts via an excel file, and when the system gives me the option to match the fields, I am struggling to match the physical address of our contacts to CC.

In the actual contact files, there are home, work and other fields for us to input their physical address.

But when you want to upload a file, it only states Address (Street address line and so on).

The question is if I select street address and so on, on the drop-down option when matching fields, where will that data go? Home, Work or other?

I don't want to do it individually as I have over 500 of them to update.

Any advice/ideas would be great 

Match field names optionsMatch field names optionsfrom contact detailsfrom contact details

1 REPLY 1
William_A

Hello @OACP ,

At this time, the imported address lines will default to the "home address" section as it appears on individual contact windows. I've marked your account as interested in development of a way to differentiate between address types during the import process. If and when there's an update to this feature request, our engineers will notify you directly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
  • Support Tips

Reporting Metrics

"Authenticating your emails is the best way to ensure your emails achieve maximum deliverability. If you have your own domain, setting up self-authentication is especially important! " - Will

See Article
  • Support Tips

Call-To-Action Links

"Target your most engaged contacts by creating a segment. Create a special offer or show your appreciation!" - Caitlin

See Article
  • Support Tips

Read Before You Send a Test Email

"Did you know? You can send unlimited test emails to your verified email address, but only 50 in a 24-hour period to non-verified email addresses." - Nick

See Article