slideshow

yonatanedrei
Campaign Expert

How do I make a slideshow of photos in my email?

Top Answer
Joanna_P
Employee

Hello. We ask for additional comments and votes be left on the open idea for inserting a slideshow into a campaign, instead of posting/commenting here . Our Product team regularly reviews our Feedback boards more than our Get Help area. Though we do not have a time estimate if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on that post helps to influence future product decisions and allows you to be notified of replies from our teams.

As a workaround I would suggest creating the slideshow in an outside source and connecting it to your email campaign through a clickable URL. Another option would be creating a slideshow as a GIF. If you chose to create a GIF we have this helpful article on how to insert a GIF into your email campaign. I hope these options are helpful to you!

18 REPLIES 18
Joanna_P
Employee

Hello. We ask for additional comments and votes be left on the open idea for inserting a slideshow into a campaign, instead of posting/commenting here . Our Product team regularly reviews our Feedback boards more than our Get Help area. Though we do not have a time estimate if a feature like this will be available in the product, any updates will be posted there, not on this post. Voting and commenting on that post helps to influence future product decisions and allows you to be notified of replies from our teams.

As a workaround I would suggest creating the slideshow in an outside source and connecting it to your email campaign through a clickable URL. Another option would be creating a slideshow as a GIF. If you chose to create a GIF we have this helpful article on how to insert a GIF into your email campaign. I hope these options are helpful to you!

Joanna P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
TamsenC
Campaign Expert

I've gotten several emails this season with slideshows and it holds alot of impact. I totally recommend it for CC- I would use it. 

Brian_H
Employee

Hello @TamsenC

Thanks for joining us in the Community. I can certainly see how this would be useful. You are more than welcome to use the suggestions listed above and I'd be more than happy to pass along your feedback to our engineers. 

Brian_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Leesa1631
Campaign Expert

I use constant contact for both of my social media jobs and adding in a slideshow options into the email campaign would be amazing!! 

Frankie_P

Hi @Leesa1631

Thanks for being such an active user! We have tracked this feature request in your account and passed it on to the appropriate teams. If you have any questions as you continue to work in your account, please feel free to reach out again.

Frankie.P

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
BerkshireSouth
Campaign Collaborator

We use Constant Contact every week, but are exploring other options that would allow us to send a slideshow. I have liked this product very much, and hope that a slide show option comes soon. Thank you! 

user50403
Rookie

Open a blank PowerPoint presentation. Click the Home menu, click the Arrow at the bottom of the Slides icon and select Layout. Click the Blank icon. Note that if you want to add captions to your photos.

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @user50403 

Thanks for sharing this workaround here in the Community! We hope other users find it helpful as well.

Frankie.P

SPorteus
Campaign Contributor

How does this work-around work exactly? Are you saying that if we create a slide show using PP that we can upload it into CC and have a slideshow without having to press any play buttons? 

Thank you in advance. 

Frankie_P
0 Votes

Hi @SPorteus 

At this time our system does not have the ability to insert a slideshow in our emails. So the workaround previous suggested also will not accomplish this. Instead you can insert this PowerPoint  into your campaign as a clickable image.

Frankie.P

JustinMeek
Campaign Collaborator

This is completely irrelevant and unintelligible.

DonnaM285
Rookie
0 Votes

I have used constant contact for years and have you come up with a way to make a slide show?

Brigitte_P
Employee
0 Votes

Hey there @DonnaM285 

Thank you for choosing to use Constant Contact! In regards to your question, we do not have a slideshow feature available just yet! However, I would be more than happy to give your feedback on this feature back to our engineers!

Although we don't have this feature built into our product yet, it is still possible to include a slideshow as an animated GIF into your emails! An animated GIF is a series of still images that have been strung together to create continuous movement - like a flipbook. There are many tools, like Adobe Photoshop or online GIF creators, that can help you create the perfect animation for your email's purpose. You can also purchase animated GIFs from various sources online. Here's a great resource on how you can add this into your next email, Using Animated GIF Images in an Email Campaign

Please let us know if you have any additional questions, we're always happy to help!

Brigitte P

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
HowardWebOps
Rookie
0 Votes

I was looking for a slideshow option as well today. I wish you had it! The gif feature doesn't look very professional for what I want to do. 

FerdinandoB
Rookie
0 Votes

Please share

TinaM494
Rookie

Like others in this thread, our company wants to continue using CC, but the lack of a slideshow is becoming a hindrance to our business.  Most of our competitors are able to import a slideshow into their emails.  Is anything in the works to provide this capability to CC subscribers?  Is there a plug-in that can be embedded?  Thank you.

William_A
Administrator

Hello @TinaM494 ,

So that we can submit your feedback with some additional details, I do have some follow up questions.

For your slideshow are you just wanting to be able to host a .ppt file in the library, and link like any other document attached to an email? Are you wanting something that'll run automatically, like a gif (which can be hosted in the library and added to emails as images)? Are you wanting the slideshow to be embedded in the email itself, and function like a presenter clicking through presentation slides?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
NathanT606
Rookie

I think having something that would run automatically, like a gif would be a great idea, because that's personally what I am looking for.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST