Looking for the latest product updates? What's new for Spring 2024 is now available!

Create dropdown fields for sign up forms

I need to know the industry that my subscribers are from. In the profile update they provide that information in an un standardized way. Can there be a drop down list so I have consistent values in that field and can sort on it. otherwise, there a lot of different names for the same industry. Ii run webinars and Go to Webinar has a dropdown list for industry so all of the lists I upload from webinar registrations (they opt into the list) has standard industry responses. This is extremely critical. I can't ask my subscribers to update their industry or it will corrupt the CC data base for that field.

78 Comments
user240515
Rookie

Agree that not having a dropdown menu is very problematic. I would have never expected such a basic function not to exist. Can you add this function ASAP please? Thanks 

SCGSAHOSC
Rookie

Please add a dropdown question type for forms! 

This is literally the most absurd thread I think I have ever read. Like what? Are your developers 4 year olds? Literally, the easiest feature to be added. I will be leaving constant contact not because the feature has not been created but because it has been almost 6 years for you to "develop" something so simple. I can only imagine how screwed up everything else is if you cannot complete such a remedial task.

Wow. 

SophieH70
Rookie

Wow, this thread has been going on since 2016, and there's still no drop-down feature. This is something that Mailchimp has had for a long time, and seems like a simple, necessary feature for Constant Contact to add. It's really disappointing.

StephanieW8
Campaign Collaborator

Please add the drop-down feature. I agree with many others wondering why this is taking so long when most other services have this?

AndrewR678
Rookie

This is crazy. This feature was requested since 2016. This will take a senior developer a few hrs to implement. How is it possible that his feature is not available yet? What factors do you consider when your users request a feature? How are you not capable of keeping up with the industry?

This is a basic feature not available in a paid service. Make it happen!

JohnH8781
Rookie

I agree with all of the comments that I have read.  Please add dropdown as a question type for custom fields.  Everyone needs this yesterday!

MichaelM0
Rookie

Please add a drop-down custom field. Everyone who signed up with you NEEDS it. You are making your customers disconnect from your company. Everyone is requesting it and it's definitely a good feature, your competitors have it already. You're too far behind the latest technology. Besides, this request is so simple.

BrianD03
Rookie
Hello, I want to make a landing page and separate leads from different client types (we collect contacts from both wholesalers and contractors, who both need very different content). I can add in the pre-made field on my account called "Company type" but it opens a free dialogue box. This will create confusion when leads need to fill it out. I want to have it switched to a drop down menu with only the options that we sort clients by. This would keep my contacts list ordered properly.
Brian.L
Campaign Contributor

I can't beleive dropdowns haven't been implemented yet.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More