Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

Contacts - Unhappy with new "Add contact" tool

0 Votes

What has happened to the simple preview and column/field matching layout for importing contacts from a file.  I used to be able to import and see a preview like this (taken from your instructions):

Screen Shot 2024-08-01 at 5.51.33 PM.png

But today, I get this view trying to upload an excel spreadsheet with only two columns email and membership expiry (I've blurred emails/file name for privacy):

Screen Shot 2024-08-01 at 5.50.44 PM.png

This change is absolutely illogical and does not match the layout of the spreadsheet and makes it difficult to preview how things look. I'm wondering, did I put those commas there? is my doc a CSV instead of excel? WTH, is there something wrong with my upload that it's doing this or is it another unnecessary change that CC has made to its user interface?

Never have I seen any data import preview look like this (for any products, not just CC) and I'm talking about importing from various csv, excel, or other delimited file types into other databases.  

Please revert to the common sense data preview/column matching view so we can easily see data across fields, as well as see more information without scrolling down a page.

What is going on there?

1 Comment
William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

Since this post is more feedback-related than support related, it's been moved to our Ideas board. 

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team, and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request, but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

Resources
Getting Started with Ideas

Welcome to Ideas! This board is dedicated to providing a space for our intrepid users to provide personal insight and feedback on additions and enhancements they’d like to see in your Constant Contact account.

Read more
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More