direct link in instagram social posts

0 Votes

Hello! I signed up for SMS marketing and I took advantage of the social media post option to generate leads. The problem is that the post on Instagram doesn't have a clickable link, which defeats the purpose. The link is shown but there is no way for customers to click it and on insta, you can't copy paste a link easily.

I had collected phone numbers from folks at an in person event who wanted to subscribe to our text list, but I cannot add them. Turns out they need to agree on the landing page, so now none of those contacts can be added.

I feel like the SMS marketing via constant contact is not at all user friendly and none of the above information was provided before I chose to sign up. I had to jump through alot of hoops to figure it out. Irritating.

1 Comment
Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Gathering Information

Hi @ErinW15. Thank you for the feedback on our SMS marketing tool.

To clarify the first part of your feedback, were you creating a social post or a social lead ad? You are correct about Instagram not allowing links, which is a limitation on their end and not something we can provide a workaround for or override. With social ads, links are included in the ad to guide visitors to a landing page.

For uploading contacts that have provided their phone numbers, they would need to opt-in using a landing page in order to align with both our SMS permission policy and US law. We are researching other methods of opt-in methods, such as a text-to-join tool, which we hope to introduce in the near future. We have an open feature request to include TTJ as part of the SMS marketing tool and I recommend commenting or kudoing the post so you are notified of any updates.

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More