cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update Profile Link Needed

Update Profile Link Needed

It would be nice to have a link made available for us to use for "Update Profile Form". Currently, there is only a link for "Sign-Up Form". If I want to send a message out to my database asking them to review and update their profile, I have to use the "Sign-Up Form" link which is miss-leading and requires our customers to sign up for the lists again before it recognizes them as already being in the system. Adding the "Update Profile Form" link to the sign up tools will allow us to place only the update info inside of a message and making the system easier or use and not confusing to the customers.
43 Comments
CTCT Employee
Status changed to: New

CTCT Employee

Hi Paul,

Thank you, this is great feedback! I'm not sure if your aware, there is a "work-around" to make the link an update profile link within the body of your emails.

1. After logging into Constant Contact, click Contacts > Sign-Up Tools.
  2. Click "Get a link to my website signup form".
  3. Scroll down to "Need a quick link to your signup form?" and click Select.
  4. Press Ctrl + C (Mac users Ctrl + click > Copy) to copy the highlighted link.
  5. Hover your cursor over the block you want to insert the link.
  6. Click the Edit icon Edit on the block.
  7. Type in the text that you want to serve as your link.
    Example: Update Your Profile
  8. Highlight the text.
  9. Click the Insert button on the left-hand side.
  10. Hover your cursor over the Insert Link icon Link and click the Plus button Plus.
  11. Select "Web Address" as the Link Type.
  12. In the second text box, paste the Join My List link you copied earlier.
    Note: The http:// is automatically populated when the window appears.
  13. At the end of the address, insert the following:
    &ea=$subscriber.email$
  14. Click Insert.
  15. Click Save.
Visitor

Hi Stephanie,

While this is a great "work around," when you click on the link, it still takes you to the "Sign Up" form which is confusing to customers because they have already signed up and are just looking to update thier info. I realize there is an update profile link at the bottom of every email however it is extremely small and isn't utilized very often. If we have an upate profile link available that we could insert as a button in an email that would take customers directly to the update profile form instead of the sign up form, it would allow us to ask customers to update their information to ensure they are receiving the information they want - therefore leading to a decrease in unsubscriptions and higher open rates.

Please add this feature!!!

Thanks!

Frequent Visitor
Please give users the option to update their profile by including the form in the welcome email. This cuts out a step and lets them read the welcome and finish their profiles at the same time. Thank you!
Status changed to: Voting Open

Thanks for sharing this feedback!

Solution Provider
We should be able to use this function to allow our customers at any time to keep our lists as accurate as possible. Thank you!

HI @sproutforbusiness

Can you tell me more about what you are looking to have your contacts do?They can click the Update Profile link in the footer of your emails to change their subscriptions if you would like. This just requires you to have included the update profile link as well as have lists visible on your sign up form. 

Thanks!

Status changed to: More information needed

Solution Provider

I would like to send an email to all my contacts asking them to update their preferences and contact information and right now I cannot include the update profile link in the body of the email, nor can I send the email I have created in the sign up tools section of the account. Now, I have to convince people to click the link in the footer of the email which tends to be ineffective.