cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Constant Contact wants to help you succeed! We’re celebrating our professional service programs on the Constant Contact Community this month and you have a chance to try one of the services for free! Learn more.

Abandoned Registrations, Double Charges and ProPay Integration

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Abandoned Registrations, Double Charges and ProPay Integration

Just launched an event a few weeks ago and noticing that users on mobile devices are having issues completing their registrations (keeps looping them back to the registration page).  Some are staying in the abandoned registration status even though payment was successful.  We are also noticing are larger number than usual of registrants being double charged (not sure if or how this may be related to the mobile device issue explained above).  

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: Abandoned Registrations, Double Charges and ProPay Integration

Hello @BradfordJ3

Thank you for reaching out to us with the problems with your event! Can you please email us the following details to social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com, and reference this post so that we can look into this for you:

- Your username

-Name of the event this is happening with

-The email addresses of a few contacts that both scenarios are occurring with so we have examples

We look forward to hearing back from you on this!

Amber_L
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
All Star

Amber,

We are experiencing a similar problem.  I am unsure if my registrants are using a mobile device or not and we use Authorize.net for credit card processing.  We have noticed registrants in abandoned status, but have received payment in addition to customers being charged more than once for the same registration.

Occasional Contributor

We ended up switching to PayPal and the issue went away...we were using ProPay before...so maybe Authorize.net has the same issue.

All Star

Thanks!  We really would like to continue to use Authorize.net, so have been looking into other event registration software.  Can you tell me, does Paypal deduct their fees from the top of your event registration fee or do they charge you monthly? For example, if someone registered for a $50 event, do you receive the full $50 deposited into your bank account or do they deposit $48.25 by taking the fees right away? 

CTCT Employee

Hello @LisaF480,

I've seen a few other cases similar to this being reported.  Since that is an integration we no longer offer, troubleshooting them can be somewhat problematic, but if you send us the information listed above we'll look into it as best we can.  I do know however that at this time both of our payment options deduct the processing fee before depositing to your account.  So in your example you would see a $48.25 deposit.  You'd have to check with the payment processor directly for their reporting information, but I would be very surprised if they did not have a reporting option to show you how much was deducted for processing fees over time.

Aaron_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.