cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Centering image vertically in column

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Centering image vertically in column

We recently moved over to the third generation editor, which is awful. I am really missing the ability to adjust the HTML.

But cannot figure out how to vertically center an image in a column. As part of our members' benefits, we include their logo in our emails. They are obviously all different sizes. We have them set up in columns with this editor, but there's not way to center them vertically.

I tried clicking on padding and it seems you can only do this once. (And for some the check box is blocked by the text editor which is ridiculous.) If I had access to the HTML I could add a space before the logos that need to move down.

Screen Shot 2018-03-20 at 10.24.38 AM.png

How else can I accomplish this?

Tags (3)
1 REPLY 1
CTCT Employee

Re: Centering image vertically in column

Hello @PlugFest,

Thank you for coming back to the community!  Getting images centered so that they show up just the way you want can be a bit of a challenge, especially if you're new to the editor.  Instead of adding padding to the image, the best way would be to grab a 'spacer' block from the far left side, and insert that above the image, then modify the size of that spacer just like you were wanting to do to the padding.  The advantage of using the spacer is that it's designed to work better on mobile devices, so it should shrink accordingly and keep things from getting to jumbled on that much smaller phone screen.

As for the problem with the text-box overlapping with the padding checkbox.  I do see what you're describing a little in the screen-shot you posted.  I'll add you to the feature request to make that toolbar more responsive, and cover your content less.  The best workaround at the moment is to either scroll up or down further to give the toolbar more room, or to try using your browsers zoom feature to zoom out slightly.

Aaron H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.