cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tomorrow morning (8/26) from 07:00 AM - 08:00 AM ET we need to make a few updates to our site. During this time, no emails will be sent and some customers will not be able to access their contacts. We recommend finishing up your work before 07:00 AM and logging in after 08:00 AM ET. Thank you for your patience while we make these updates.

Post to Facebook

Highlighted

Post to Facebook

I tried to post to facebook and an error message stated all pics must be a minimum of 200x200 - all of my pics are more than that - why did it not post on Facebook?
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Post to Facebook

Hi @BensonV

I apologize for the experience you've had with creating a post through our Social Share feature. You are correct, Facebook's recent update does not allow images less than 200x200.  Is this the message you saw?

Capture.PNG

If it is, this is not an error message. Instead it's messaging we have added in every account to let customers know of this image update.

I took peek at your account can see the images in your library are in fact all larger than 200x200. Were you able to post your image after all? Have you tried in a different browser or a private/incognito window? Which campaign are you working in and what image are you trying to use? If you were still unable to use your desire picture we would be happy to troubleshoot this further for you.

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

Hi, I continued to schedule the social share but it did not go through. I believe Facebook  or CC has changed its policy for allowing 3rd party emails on the wall. I thought that since CC let me successfully schedule the posts on FB that the ruling had changed. I was able to post my newsletter on my wall with a link - it is not as good as when CC did it automatically, but it will do for now.

Thanks

Tags (1)
CTCT Employee

Hello @BensonV

Thanks for following up on the issue. If you are attempting to use social share to post to a Facebook personal page, it will not go through. This is because of changes to Facebook privacy changes restricting 3rd parties from posting on behalf of their customers. 

To avoid seeing the error in the future, you may need to disconnect and reconnect your Facebook page. When you reconnect it, you will be prompted to choose which page(s) you want to connect. 

Hope this help!

Alex S.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.