cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Resending to new contacts

Occasional Participant

Resending to new contacts

The new platform doesn't seem to have the same option the old one did of easily resending a campaign to anyone I added since originally sending it.

Am I missing something?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Resending to new contacts

Hi @SharonR525

Thank you for reaching out to the Community! I apologize for any confusion there may be with resending your email campaign. The good news is there are a few ways you can resend an email to your contacts. You can resend your campaign to new contacts through a QuickSend or our Resend To feature under the Campaigns tab of your account. What are you having trouble with when trying to resend your email? Having these details would be very helpful as we are always open to ways we can better our user’s experience!

Frankie P.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

In the old platform, there was an option that just let you send to anyone you'd added to your contacts since the campaign originally went out.

The new platform doesn't seem to have that.

You'd have to put them under a new list -- which means you'd have to remember who you'd added in order to do that.  (Not good.)

And, yes, I know about QuickSend.

Tell me where I'm wrong. 

Hi @SharonR525

Thank you for following up with us on these resend features. I'm glad you know about our Quicksend feature! I also would be happy to clarify my previous answer. I took a peek at your account and can see you have emails in both our older Legacy Newsletters and our newer Newsletter Emails in the Third Generation Editor. The Resend feature on a Legacy Newsletter will give you the option to resend it to newly added contacts on a your list like the screenshot below:

2018-11-21_17-26-40.png

However both our Legacy Newsletter templates and Newsletter Emails have the option to resend your email to newly added contacts on a your list. You can resend a Newsletter Email to new contacts on your list by following these steps:

1. Click Campaigns.
2. Click Status > Sent to narrow your search.
3. Click More > Resend to.

campaigns-tab-status-sent-more-resend-step123.png

4. Select the lists you want to resend to.
5. Choose a time to send.
6. Click Send Now or Schedule.

3ge-schedule-page-resend-step456.png

I hope this helped!

Frankie P.

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Occasional Participant

You're telling me something I already know: That the legacy platform includes the ability to automatically resend a campaign to newly added contacts.  (I've used it.)

I'm talking specifically about what you call the Third Generation Editor.

It apparently doesn't have that option.

Is that correct?

And if so, why not?

The way my contacts are set up -- and remember, NewsUSA is a PR service -- is by PR agencies.  So any new contacts would be added to the existing names at those agencies (who've already gotten the campaign email).

It would seem that means I'd have to remember who I added -- good luck with that -- and then either Quick Send them individually or create a separate list for New Adds every time I do it.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Hi @SharonR525

This option is available in Third Generation Editor. Here are the steps to do it:

1. Click Campaigns.
2. Click Status > Sent to narrow your search.
3. Click More > Resend to.

campaigns-tab-status-sent-more-resend-step123.png

4. Select the lists you want to resend to.
5. Choose a time to send.
6. Click Send Now or Schedule.

3ge-schedule-page-resend-step456.png 

Frankie P.

Highlighted
Occasional Participant

No.

I still have to create a list, which is different than the old platform.

In the legacy emails, all I had to do was hit send to new contacts.

Where does it say "send to new contacts" in the Third Generation Editor?

Either get me that answer or I need to schedule a call with someone late Monday.

Thanks.

Hi @SharonR525

I'm glad you were able to resend your email! I apologize for any confusion there may be from the update in our wording. In the Third Generation Editor the resend feature will not specifically say "send to new contacts." I will however say, "When resending, we'll only send to email addresses that have not received this email previously."

2018-11-23_17-00-30.png

This means when you select a list to resend your email to, it will only send to the new contacts who were added. Please let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

Frankie P.

Occasional Participant

Actually, I take it back.

All I figured out was how to resend to those who didn't open the campaign.  (Which is the same.)

I'm gonna need a phone call with someone on late Monday afternoon.  Say about 4 PM New York time?

Let me know.

Thanks.

CTCT Employee

Hi @SharonR525

I see that you and Frankie's responses came at roughly the same time. Did you see her post and that still isn't working for you? Please feel free to reach out should you have further questions. Thank you for choosing Constant Contact and I hope you had a great holiday!

Adrienne B.

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!