Welcome to the Nonprofit Group! Introduce Yourself!

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Welcome to the Nonprofit Group! We’re glad you could join us.

The work of nonprofit organizations is tireless in the pursuit of their cause. 

This group is for you and your peers to share, support, and commiserate with each other. In that spirit, let’s get started by introducing yourself.

• What’s your name?
  • Tell us a little bit about your nonprofit.
  • What’s your favorite part of running a nonprofit?

I’m excited to meet and learn more about each of you!

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

10 REPLIES 10
TanyaL839
Campaign Collaborator
Hello everyone,

My name is Tanya Lidstone, and I am excited to introduce myself to this nonprofit group. I am relatively new to running a nonprofit, but thanks to finding Constant Contact, I have finally been able to pursue something I have wanted to do for a long time.

I want to take a moment to tell you about the nonprofit I am involved with. It is called "Mom Stop the Harm". This organization holds a very special place in my heart because it stems from a personal experience. I have gone through the unimaginable pain of losing my son, Justin Tyler Joseph Lidstone. His loss turned my life upside down, and I found myself grappling with grief and the need for change.

"Mom Stop the Harm" has been instrumental in helping me move forward and find a sense of purpose. It has provided me with the support and understanding I needed during the darkest moments of my life. Through this organization, I have come to realize the importance of changing the stigma surrounding addiction, providing education, and advocating for necessary resources. I firmly believe that we need to push for changes in the laws and systems surrounding addiction, and hold the dealers and suppliers accountable for their actions.

One of my favorite aspects of running a nonprofit is the opportunity to support individuals who are struggling with addiction, as well as their loved ones. I know firsthand how challenging it can be to fight for someone you care about, while also fearing that devastating phone call. My goal is to ensure that those who are battling addiction have access to the resources and support they need. By doing so, we can create a community where change is possible and lives can be saved.

I believe that by fighting for this cause, I am keeping Justin's legacy alive. It is my way of giving back and honoring his beliefs. Together, we can make a difference and create a world where no one has to experience the pain of burying a child.

I forgot to mention that I am new to text savvy and I don't really know what I am doing, but I am devoted and open to learning new techniques. I may not be much of a creator for this cause so close to my hurt, but it brings me closer to feeling like my son, Justin Tyeler Joseph Lidstone, is here. I am committed to keeping his legacy going.

Thank you for allowing me to share my story and my passion with all of you. I look forward to working together and making a positive impact in the lives of those affected by addiction.

Warm regards,

Tanya Lidstone
T.Lidstone
❣️ LidstoneRR Love’s 
GinnyH40
Campaign Contributor

Bless your heart, Tanya.  I don't know how long it's been since you lost your son, but I know the pain never goes away, and "closure" is a myth.  What helps, I'm convinced, is doing exactly what you're doing -- seeking the comfort of others who know exactly the sorrows you experienced, and doing something so positive to help others and save lives.  I'm sure the recent holiday season was difficult, but please take solace in the good that you're doing, and using his memory to celebrate his life.  Ginny

Connect the Dots 501(c)(4)

Chris-S
Administrator

Hi, @TanyaL839 

Thank you so much for sharing your powerful and heartfelt story with us. Your courage and commitment to turning personal tragedy into a force for positive change are truly inspiring. "Mom Stop the Harm" is not just a nonprofit organization; it's a testament to your strength and resilience in the face of unimaginable loss.

I am deeply moved by your dedication to fighting the stigma surrounding addiction, providing education, and advocating for essential resources. Your personal experience adds a profound authenticity to your cause, and it's evident that you're not just leading an organization but carrying forward Justin's legacy with a deep sense of purpose.

It's completely understandable that navigating the world of nonprofits and technology may be challenging, but your openness to learning new techniques is commendable. 

Your story has touched our hearts, and we are honored to have you as part of this nonprofit group. 

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

Template Feedback & Inspiration

MarketerL0398
Campaign Contributor

I'm Andrea Magder -  founder of The Artist Lives Gallery. My non profit organization operates as an online memorial gallery showcasing the work of  visual artists, musicians and writers who were never recognized during their lifetime. I created the gallery in memory of my son, Ethan, who passed in 2017 and left  behind unseen art and literary work. After speaking with others who've lost loved ones I discovered many families are left with creative work and have no idea what to do with it all. Sadly over time it usually gets stored away and forgotten.  In contrast to a traditional memorial site, The Artist Lives Gallery, not only celebrates the life of the individual, but showcases their creative talent. 

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi Andrea! Wow, that's such a cool idea (albeit, bittersweet) for a non-profit and a great way to honor your son. As an aspiring artist myself, I hope I will live to see my art resonate with a larger audience but it's very comforting to know of an organization that aims to highlight these artists' achievements even after they're gone.

We appreciate you coming to the Nonprofit Group and sharing your story and hope to see you around! Don't be a stranger.

MarketerL0398
Campaign Contributor

Thank you Nick! Much appreciated. I hope your art gets the recognition it deserves. 

- Andrea

IRHSNAA
Rookie

Hello Nick

My name is David Gibson

I'm the person that's taken the lead on developing our organization's CC program. 

Favorite part in running a NonProfit is Fundraising, networking, and developing new ideas. 

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi David! Welcome! So, you're just getting started/familiarized with Constant Contact?

JayL221
Constant Contact Partner

Hi. I'm new to your group. My name is Jay LeVert, and I am with an accounting firm, LeVert and Associates, Inc. We provide management consulting, accounting, para-legal, grant writing, and other support services to non-profit organizations. Our website, www.levertandassociates.com provides additional information on our other service areas.

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @JayL221.

Welcome to the group! And thank you for sharing some information about your business. I imagine the legal side of these things is also incredibly important so that will be valuable insight to have!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST