Add to list Automation, showing Zero starts

SOLVED
Go to solution
JamesB13946
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hello, I've created some automations using "added to specific list", most of the users are already in the system. However I've noticed that I have "Zero" starts on each automation and then 1 of them has 47 starts. I added over 600 people to that specific list. Trying to understand what might have gone wrong, and why no one has started down the path?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @JamesB13946. Removing and re-adding the contacts wouldn't cause the trigger to activate since they had previously existed in the list. I would recommend creating a new list (with no contacts on it), select the empty list to add to the series, double check to make sure the series is active and the list is selected as a trigger, then move the contacts to this new list. The series will recognize them as "new" contacts and it should start queuing the emails.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @JamesB13946. Did the contacts already exist in the list prior to activating the series? The trigger for the series will only occur when a contact is added after the series is activated.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
JamesB13946
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Hi Caitlin, these are brand new lists.  Some of the contacts exist in other lists going back as far as 2007, only a handful are brand-new contacts.

I know for certain one of the series was active before I added anyone to the new list and selected it for the trigger list on that automation. 

Should I delete the contacts and re-add them to each appropriate list?  To be certain they are being added after activation?  Or are there any other options you suggest? 

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @JamesB13946. Removing and re-adding the contacts wouldn't cause the trigger to activate since they had previously existed in the list. I would recommend creating a new list (with no contacts on it), select the empty list to add to the series, double check to make sure the series is active and the list is selected as a trigger, then move the contacts to this new list. The series will recognize them as "new" contacts and it should start queuing the emails.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
JamesB13946
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Thank you @Caitlin_M that is the process I was missing. 

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST
OCT 02
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 2:30PM EST