Constant Contact is sending wrong promo codes to recipient List

user715050
Rookie
0 Votes

As the title suggests, when I uploaded a list with promo codes to Constant Contact, CC sent the wrong promo codes, which have no relation to the lists. Moreover, one of the email campaigns that I sent out had mixed-up promo codes from another list, and customers got the wrong promo codes. In the past, everything was working fine. Am I missing something? Can somebody help me with this issue?

5 REPLIES 5
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user715050 ,

When you're setting up your email to include these promo codes, how are you setting it up? Are you inserting contact details and selecting a specific promo code custom field? Was there already data for some of these contacts prior to your latest upload? Do the numbers on their contact sheet match what's in your file? Do you have multiple custom fields for different promo codes?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
user715050
Rookie
0 Votes

This is what we used to do. We used to upload a list of promo codes like THY12345, THY12346 to everyone in the list, This is mapped to a custom field called "PROMO CODE" . I think there was some data before the latest upload. No, Promo codes were not matching what was uploaded in this list and what was mapped while uploading. There was only one kind of  promo codes in the file, so prior to this, we were only mapping the promo code to this custom code only, as for sending the campaign, We used this list, not any other list of promo codes or recipients.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Was the custom field for the promo codes selected during the upload process? Are you able to re-upload your contacts with the correct promo code?

William A
user715050
Rookie
0 Votes

I have selected the custom field for promo code as i usually do for every campaigns in the past. I need to test whether this problem still persists. I don't know why cc is sending promo codes from some other list, even through promo code was mapped to custom field. Selected recipient list received wrong promo codes even though we mapped promo codes.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

I'd advise calling general support so they can screenshare and follow your process, or to explore your email with you live to figure out where the issue is occurring. 

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST