Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Error adding contacts to a list

user70203
Rookie
0 Votes

I am getting an error " Please Review the fields below and correct any issues"  when I attempt to add existing contacts into a list I created today.  I have also attempted to create a list from the all contacts page> choosing a contact> 3 dots> add to list> create list

Get a red empty message.  This also happens when I use the 3 dots and just try to add to list

user70203_0-1722805492501.png

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user70203 ,

I wasn't able to recreate the issue when I made a new testing list in your account (deleted after testing), and moved a few contacts into it. It looks like you've been with us long enough that you were able to import contacts without email addresses, before we started requiring them. As a troubleshooting starting point, make sure the contact(s) you're trying to add to the list contain an email address and are in subscribed status. If the contact(s) you're trying to add to the list meets that criteria, and you're still getting the error banner when trying to add them, I'd advise calling general support for live troubleshooting. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
CatharineH
Rookie
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same issue.  I'm looking at a contact, who does have an email address and a cell phone number for SMS.  They are subscribed.  I click Edit and then check the checkbox to add them to a list.  I get the " Please Review the fields below and correct any issues".  I don't see any issues to correct, and I am not permitted to save.  The contact stays the same without being added to the list. 

I also get a red message box, with a red triangle and exclamation mark, when I look at the contact and click on the three dot button to the right.  I click Add to List from the drop down. I then select the list from the next drop down and click Add.  The red message box then appears.  If I check the contact, it stays the same without being added to the list.

FirstNameL028728
Rookie
0 Votes

I am having the same problem as well.  I contacted customer support late last week who reviewed while having control of my computer and they had the same problem.  The rep put me on hold for a while, came back on and said it was a known issue and I would received an email when it was corrected.  So far nothing from Constant Contact on resolving this "known" issue.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST