Summarize Your Email with AI When Posting to Social Media

Editing options for Contact Lists

CatherineCleary
Rookie

Is there a way to mark contacts as inactive so emails and billing are only applicable to the active contacts are included when sending out communications? If I change the status to unsubscribed, does this mean they will be re-added in each time gmail syncs with the CC app? I don't want to have to have to go back to re-purge names regularly to keep billing affordable.

2 REPLIES 2
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @CatherineCleary. If you are not currently sending to a group of contacts and don't want to remove them from your account, you can change their status in the Contact profile to Temporary Hold. Contacts in this status do not count towards your billing and they do not receive emails. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
TraceyLeeDavis
Community Coach

Hi @CatherineCleary,

To address your question about unsubscribed contacts, once they are unsubscribed, whether by them or by you, you cannot email them again, even if you reupload their email address. The only way they can get back on your list is if they expressly join your list again. Here is some more information about unsubscribed contacts. 

Tracey Lee Davis

ZingPop Social Media

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST