How to remove a message

SOLVED
Go to solution
VermontFarmBureau
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello, I am looking for assistance on how to delete the message that says "It's a fact: people don't mind scrolling to read an email, as long as it's relevant and interesting. Make sure your message follows through on the promise in your subject line, and use several short paragraphs if you have a lot to say. When in doubt, challenge yourself to write less and add links that support your topic." Does anyone know how to take this off my constant contact posts? Thanks, Kristen

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @VermontFarmBureau ,

As with other blocks, you can simply click the block and select the trash can icon that shows up.

Capture.PNG

Another option would be to hover over the block, select the gear icon that displays on the right side, and select the trash can to remove the entire row.

Capture2.PNG

That said, as with any email made from a PDF, I'd generally recommend having some text in the email. Emails that have too much of an imbalance between clickable links and images versus text can trigger some email programs and networks' security filters.

See also:

Creating emails from PDFs

Adding, Moving, and Deleting Blocks

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @VermontFarmBureau ,

As with other blocks, you can simply click the block and select the trash can icon that shows up.

Capture.PNG

Another option would be to hover over the block, select the gear icon that displays on the right side, and select the trash can to remove the entire row.

Capture2.PNG

That said, as with any email made from a PDF, I'd generally recommend having some text in the email. Emails that have too much of an imbalance between clickable links and images versus text can trigger some email programs and networks' security filters.

See also:

Creating emails from PDFs

Adding, Moving, and Deleting Blocks

William A
ALNC
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello William,

I have the same issue and thank you for your solution; I understand that you want to have some text in the email, but I wonder where this canned text resides in Constant Contact, starting with "It's a fact....."  It's defaulted to every template, or so it seems and wonder if it can be edited at the source, not in every email that is created.  

Thank you

Assistance League North Coast

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Hi @ALNC. I see a default text block is added to the bottom of your template. It is a text block that is automatically added to most templates and there isn't a setting to remove it. You can click the trash icon to remove the block. This will need to be done every time a new template is created. However, if you copy previously sent emails that do not contain the block, it will not be included in the copy.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
ALNC
Rookie
0 Votes

Thank you Caitlin.  Is there a way to change the default text in the text block?  If not, that's okay, just wondering.   We will either delete or edit it every time or copy a previous email.  

Thank you

Janet at ALNC

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Like any other text block, you should be able to just click it while in the email editor, highlight the text, and backspace / delete it.

William A
ALNC
Rookie
0 Votes

I understand that...I was trying to delete it all together, so it never appears in the template, or at least edit the canned text so it is more meaningful to our customer base.  I'm just trying to make it easier for some people creating campaigns.  

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (78%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST