Inaccurate CTR Report

CCAMarketing2022
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello! I am hoping someone can give me a little insight on this. We sent out our E-Newsletter yesterday. Every month, we include a blog post that is linked to WordPress. I checked the reporting feature on Constant Contact and it said that the blog link was only clicked over 200 times (much lower than usual). However, when I went to WordPress, the blog was viewed over 1,000 times. This is usually how many views we get when we put it on the E-Newsletter! Is Constant Contact reporting not accurate? I'm just trying to figure out why it isn't showing us these numbers.

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @CCAMarketing2022 ,

Are you looking at total clicks or unique clicks when comparing to your blog's 1000 views? Are you considering any other sources or ways that people would access the blog - i.e. by re-entering the address in their bar, clicking back via their history, googling it, just navigating to your site and finding it, or clicking to it from a post on your social media that links to the blog post?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
CCAMarketing2022
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello,

I am looking at the unique clicks when compared to my blog's 1,000 views. I have considered those possibilities, however, the number spiked as soon as the E-Newsletter was sent out at 1:00pm. We only had 12 views until 1:10pm when the number spiked to over 1,000 views (which is typical after being put on the E-Newsletter).

The social media posts weren't sent out yet, and all other marketing for the blog post was done hours after the E-Newsletter was sent out. It is more than likely that the Constant Contact didn't report those numbers. I would like to know how to fix that, if possible. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

If our system received some kind of reporting from the recipients clicking a tracked link, then it would reflect in your email's report. 

William A
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

That said, if a significant amount of your contacts are opening the emails using Apple Mail, or a derivative, then it could also be keeping your click report lowered due to their more stringent privacy policies and functions. Unfortunately, if this is the case for a lot of your contacts, there's not much you, nor we or other ESPs can do to affect the reporting for them.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (78%)

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST