Manually import Salesforce contacts

user65581
Rookie
0 Votes

I need to export my Salesforce mailing list but it must include a custom field, "Account Status". So far I have successfully exported my entire Contact mailing list but without the "Account Status" field, so my mailing list is useless because I need to be able to categorize my list to customize my messages.

Any advice greatly appreciated because I am about to give up. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user65581 ,

Do you have an "account status" custom field setup in your Constant Contact account? If not, that may be preventing the integration from automatically syncing the info.

Otherwise, your other option would be to manually export the contacts from your Salesforce, and then import that list file into your Constant Contact account. 

See also:

Formatting contact files for import

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
user65581
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi William, I think you are right because I have already exported the list but the custom filed was not included.

user65581
Rookie
0 Votes

Hi again William, thank you for that article on how to create custom fields within Constant Contact so when I export my contacts from Salesforce, it should include the custom field, however I am still stalled because in the instructions, the article indicates I need to select "All Contacts", but I don't see that option, I have these options under the Contacts tab: "+ upload contacts", "+add a contact", and then below that there are "segments", lists" and "tags".

I previously did an export and uploaded contacts so I know I have them in there, but I should probably delete all so I can start over, after the "custom field" has been created, correct? If that is correct, how do I delete my contacts from my account? 

Going in circles...

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @user65581 ,

For step-by-step and visual guidance on deleting contacts, I'd recommend following along with this article. If you need further assistance with the Salesforce integration, I'd advise calling general support and requesting a transfer to the Tier 2 integrations support team. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
JUN 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
JUL 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST