OneDrive Link

SOLVED
Go to solution
FSBHTiger
Brand Influencer
0 Votes

I am inserting a link in an email to a video that resides on my OneDrive. The format " C:\Users\jwhll\OneDrive - Fair St.-Butler High Schools Alumni Assoc., Inc (1)\Butler Bldg Park\Butler Center", is not accepted as URL for the Web page. How do I set the proper format for the reader to access my video on OneDrive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FSBHTiger ,

What you seem to be trying to isnert at the moment is a file location, like something that'd be typed directly into a computer to search it, rather than a site navigation. Does OneDrive offer you an actual URL - something under a general "Share" or a "share with others to access" functionality like other cloud drives?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FSBHTiger ,

What you seem to be trying to isnert at the moment is a file location, like something that'd be typed directly into a computer to search it, rather than a site navigation. Does OneDrive offer you an actual URL - something under a general "Share" or a "share with others to access" functionality like other cloud drives?

William A
FSBHTiger
Brand Influencer
0 Votes

You are correct. By selecting the Share option, OneDrive produces a link URL that can be copied and pasted in the email. Thankyou

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Otherwise, if OneDrive doesn't allow people without a OneDrive account of their own to be able to access files you share, then it might not be possible. Other cloud drives generally host and share their files in a way that if you provide the file's share URL and turn on the correct permissions, anyone with that URL can at least view the file.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 06
Maximize Your Marketing Impact with Vimeo & Constant Contact
2PM - 3:00 PM EST
Jun 27
Boost Your Email Results with Segmentation & Personalization
2PM - 3PM EST
Jul 10
Getting Started with the Constant Contact Community
2PM - 3PM EST