OneDrive Link

SOLVED
Go to solution
FSBHTiger
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

I am inserting a link in an email to a video that resides on my OneDrive. The format " C:\Users\jwhll\OneDrive - Fair St.-Butler High Schools Alumni Assoc., Inc (1)\Butler Bldg Park\Butler Center", is not accepted as URL for the Web page. How do I set the proper format for the reader to access my video on OneDrive?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FSBHTiger ,

What you seem to be trying to isnert at the moment is a file location, like something that'd be typed directly into a computer to search it, rather than a site navigation. Does OneDrive offer you an actual URL - something under a general "Share" or a "share with others to access" functionality like other cloud drives?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @FSBHTiger ,

What you seem to be trying to isnert at the moment is a file location, like something that'd be typed directly into a computer to search it, rather than a site navigation. Does OneDrive offer you an actual URL - something under a general "Share" or a "share with others to access" functionality like other cloud drives?

William A
FSBHTiger
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

You are correct. By selecting the Share option, OneDrive produces a link URL that can be copied and pasted in the email. Thankyou

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Otherwise, if OneDrive doesn't allow people without a OneDrive account of their own to be able to access files you share, then it might not be possible. Other cloud drives generally host and share their files in a way that if you provide the file's share URL and turn on the correct permissions, anyone with that URL can at least view the file.

William A
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (83%)

Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST