Overview: Adding emails to active series

SOLVED
Go to solution
MichaelY719
Constant Contact Partner

Can an active series have new emails added to it? For example, if we start off with a series of 4 emails and had 100 people sign up, but over the next month, we created 3 more emails. Can those emails be added to the existing series so that the 100 people that signed up when we only had 4 emails, will now get the 3 new emails too?

If not, how can we do that?  We see building a series as an ongoing project because we may not have all the emails which we want to send out ready to go when the series is first launched.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @MichaelY719 , 

Great question! At this time, the automation feature does not allow new emails to be tacked onto it once it is already an active series. We do have an open feature request for that, however, so I will go ahead and track it on your account. Our engineering team will follow up with you with any updates we have on that. 

For now, the best thing to do would be to create a second series, and add the emails into that new series. You can activate that series once the contacts have gone through the first series, so they will begin receiving the second series. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Amanda_G
Employee
0 Votes

Hi @MichaelY719 , 

Great question! At this time, the automation feature does not allow new emails to be tacked onto it once it is already an active series. We do have an open feature request for that, however, so I will go ahead and track it on your account. Our engineering team will follow up with you with any updates we have on that. 

For now, the best thing to do would be to create a second series, and add the emails into that new series. You can activate that series once the contacts have gone through the first series, so they will begin receiving the second series. 

Amanda G.
Community & Social Care
Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST