Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Poll response in report from people who did not respond

mrexjohn
Rookie
0 Votes

I sent an email to my group with two poll questions with three options each (meal choices for member and guest). The response report shows responses from at least two people who say they did not respond.  I found this through follow up to clarify their responses.  One response showed all three options for each poll - I couldn't even get that to happen when I tested it myself before sending.  How can these things happen?  (1) report showing responses from people who did not respond and (2) responses selecting all choices.

1 REPLY 1
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @mrexjohn. If an email is forwarded or shared externally, poll responses are collected from the new recipients. There isn't a way to block responses from non-contacts. There is a noted issue with the poll collecting more than one answer if your contact clicked multiple answers. 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST