Question of the Week: What has been your best performing email?

VanessaM7330
Employee

Which email has been the most successful for you and how can some of those elements be replicated in campaigns going forward?

We’ve seen the following elements really help drive the success of a send, defined by higher open rates and stronger clickthrough rates.

• A simple and direct subject line. When customers know what’s in it for them right from the start, they’re more likely to open an email.
  • Captivating preheader text. Entice subscribers to click by giving them a short but hearty preview of what the email contains.
  • Great Branding! When recipients open an email and they instantly recognize the brand they love, they’re more likely to engage.

Did your most successful email include any of these elements? Are there other elements that helped to drive success that you’d like to share?

8 REPLIES 8
DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth
Community Coach

We recently had a high performing email for a tennis club client. It was sent out 2 days ago and has received a 53% open rate. For this email, we created a countdown clock and included a few small gifs to add visual interest. In this case, it was the countdown clock that received the most clicks. The subject line was short and included emojis. In general, we try to keep the subject line brief and compelling, sometimes adding personalization, and emojis when it makes sense. We also take the time to check that it is a mobile-friendly design. Attached are samples of the count-down clock and a visual that were included in this email. Here is the link to the email.  https://conta.cc/3TQ0n2b

Snag_5eb80.pngSnag_1dd3095.png

David Fischer

Solutions for Growth

Schedule a call - https://bit.ly/ScheduleDavidCall

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

Hi @DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth,

These are all great suggestions. The countdown clock seems like a great way to build anticipation, while also being a lot of fun! Thanks for sharing!

That's amazing @DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth considering anything between 15% to 25% is a good email open rate. You crushed it! 😎

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

Template Feedback & Inspiration

Thank you @Chris-S. Yes, it's a solid open rate and it's based on a long term approach of creating great looking emails that deliver value to clients. Over time, people who receive the emails provide the client with a high "sender reputation" in their minds, so they look forward to that client's emails.

David Fischer

Solutions for Growth

Schedule a call - https://bit.ly/ScheduleDavidCall

MichaelM5666
Campaign Contributor

1. The email gathered my attention from on sight.
2.The email which contrasted bold text had a professional verb to the emails subject.

The branding carried a demeanor of caring and professional admonishment.

The other unique elements added were in nature of what the element of the email carried  in its ergonomic aperture. It stood further most then added.

thank you for your time,

Michael Raymond Angelo Mueller

FamilyPetShows
Campaign Expert

This is one of our event announcement emails we have used in the past. We wanted to make sure to include the date and time as well as links to our social media information.

tempsnip.png

VanessaM7330
Employee
0 Votes

That's awesome @FamilyPetShows, encouraging social media engagement is always a smart strategy. Thanks for sharing! 

MelanieDiehl
Community Coach

I enjoy the results we achieve from highly targeted email campaigns. We use a combo of the following that checks the "successful email" box.

1. Friendly From: email marketing is relationship-based so who it's from is almost always more important than what's it about.

2. Engaging Subject Line. Here's what the WIIFM comes in to play (What's In In For Me?) Make it clever, make it relevant, make it enticing. The inbox is a busy place! Tip: we've found emojis to work very well in subject lines right now, even in B2B!

3. Optimized CTA. Make sure to include both a button and text link (unless you've done A/B testing with your subscribers) and place it above the scroll leads to higher CTRs, which leads to higher conversions. [PRO TIP: embed your primary CTA link behind your logo; it's one of the most popular images readers click on!]

BONUS: Video! Including video is another trick to getting your emails open and your audience to engage.

I send a monthly email with an upcoming content planner that gets an average 55% open rate and 4% CTR to my general list. My targeted emails see much higher open and click thru rates. 

Melanie Diehl

Melanie & co Marketing Collective

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Jun 05
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST