Only 2 Weeks Remain in the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Select all toggle does not match up to displayed number of email addresses.

SOLVED
Go to solution
DaveN02
Rookie
0 Votes

Hello,

I'm trying to clear out some bounces from an email we had sent last week. I've changed the drop down to display Recommended For Removal and show a total of 27,738 items for the list of bounced email addresses. The number of pages matches up to this, with 500 addresses displayed per page and 56 pages. However, when I click on the toggle next to Email Address to select them all, the number changes to 99,973 Selected. This happens no matter what option I view (Non-existent, Suspended, Undeliverable, etc. ), when I click the toggle next to Email Address, it changes to show 99,973 Selected. 

I'm not sure if it's just a display error when all emails are selected, but I don't want to accidentally delete more than the suggested bounced emails. selected.jpgdisplayed.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
DaveN02
Rookie

I just tested from another browser (Firefox) and the issue did not occur. I went back to Chrome and cleared my cache and the issue is no longer occurring. Thanks for the suggestions!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @DaveN02 ,

That's odd because I'm checking your latest email, and it's properly select-all'ing just the correct number of contacts for Recommended for Removal. I'm wondering if this is some kind of odd caching or cookies-related issue, especially if on your side - like mine - it's taking a noticeable extra bit of time for the system to process select-all'ing the thousands of contacts. 

I wouldn't recommend committing to the bounce removal yet, until we can confirm the correct number is showing on your side. For the first bit of troubleshooting, does the issue also occur in other browsers you have access to, or in the incognito/private mode of your current browser? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
DaveN02
Rookie

I just tested from another browser (Firefox) and the issue did not occur. I went back to Chrome and cleared my cache and the issue is no longer occurring. Thanks for the suggestions!

Featured Article

Use Sections to Build Email Campaigns Faster and Improve Engagement Rates

Using Sections while designing your marketing email not only increases your own efficiency but helps you to deliver a more friendly, organized message. Check out some of the key benefits of using sections in email.

See Article

Featured Thread

Casual Conversations: What's your go-to playlist?

If you listen to music while you work, share your playlist below so we can be inspired and maybe find some new music!

View thread

Featured Thread

Ready, Set, Send Challenge Week 5: Reporting

Discover tips for maximizing engagement after you hit send!

Join challenge
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
OCT 24
Engage and Convert: The Email and Social Media Power Play
2PM - 3PM EST