Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Text fields lose focus

SOLVED
Go to solution
ThomasB
Brand Visionary

During an email build, while typing within certain text fields (image alt text, Send Test personal note) the cursor randomly disappears and no more text can be entered until I manually place the cursor back into the field. In both Chrome and Edge.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ThomasB ,

I'd advise going through standard connectivity troubleshooting to narrow down the source of the issue. It may be an out-of-date browser, a glitched cookie that needs to be cleared, an incompatible browser extension, or interference from security apps (VPNs, ad/pop-up blockers, etc.) erroneously detecting something as simple as a text block to type in as being incompatible. 

Based on my searches across the internet, cursors losing focus can occur for a myriad of reasons between the software/website itself, the user's internet connection, the browser itself, cookies, caches, browser extensions, VPN, ad/pop-up blockers, or even just unnoticed user habits. However, if the issue seems to be that it's simply timing out (i.e. you click into the text block, then leave it alone for X amount of time to grab text or something from another program), it might be correlated to auto-save or something on the browser messing with that functionality. 

If you're unable to narrow down the source of your issue on your own, I'd advise calling general support for live troubleshooting and if necessary, screensharing your Constant Contact browser tab. If it seems to be most prominent with one particular browser, it may be advisable to swap to a different browser if it avoids the issue.

See also:

Connectivity Troubleshooting FAQ

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

Hello @ThomasB ,

I'd advise going through standard connectivity troubleshooting to narrow down the source of the issue. It may be an out-of-date browser, a glitched cookie that needs to be cleared, an incompatible browser extension, or interference from security apps (VPNs, ad/pop-up blockers, etc.) erroneously detecting something as simple as a text block to type in as being incompatible. 

Based on my searches across the internet, cursors losing focus can occur for a myriad of reasons between the software/website itself, the user's internet connection, the browser itself, cookies, caches, browser extensions, VPN, ad/pop-up blockers, or even just unnoticed user habits. However, if the issue seems to be that it's simply timing out (i.e. you click into the text block, then leave it alone for X amount of time to grab text or something from another program), it might be correlated to auto-save or something on the browser messing with that functionality. 

If you're unable to narrow down the source of your issue on your own, I'd advise calling general support for live troubleshooting and if necessary, screensharing your Constant Contact browser tab. If it seems to be most prominent with one particular browser, it may be advisable to swap to a different browser if it avoids the issue.

See also:

3 REPLIES 3
RickM153
Campaign Collaborator

Same problem here! I thought I was going crazy, and CC support was telling me it was just my machine. Thank you for your post. Let's see if we can get a fix.

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @ThomasB ,

See also:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
gracech
Campaign Collaborator

When working on campaigns, the cursor times out after exactly 10 blinks, just short of 10 seconds.  I timed it today and was able to recreate the behavior 100%.  It happens every time.  Only on CC.  This began a few weeks ago.  I've looked at the other issues related to "losing the cursor", but none of them dealt with timing out.  This seems to be in line with having to log in again, if you remain inactive while connected.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 30
How to Segment Your Email List in Constant Contact
11AM - 12PM EST