Let's Play Bingo in Week 4 of the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

segmentation seems to not work correctly

rcppubs23
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

I know your team has been working on segmentation as there were some problems, and I recently got an email saying it had been fixed.

Tonight I ran a segment that I do each month, where I look at 4 specific emails sent during the month and generate a list of people who opened all four of them. When I ran it tonight, the total number I came up with was 126. However, the email with the smallest number of opens had only 87. I can't see how it is possible for 126 subscribers to have opened all 4 of these emails, when one of the emails only had 87 opens.

Is this feature still being worked on? We rely on these stats a lot, and need to know they will be accurate.

I ran a similar segment on 4 different emails, and that one came up with different results run very close together. I realize it recalculates, but it really didn't seem likely there would be so much change in just a few minutes (2,204 the first time and 2,142 just a few minutes later. Since the people could not have "unopened" the emails they had opened, the reduction would have to be unsubscribers and there is no way there were that many in a couple minutes.

Hope someone can help with this here. I won't be able to call during your hours tomorrow.

1 REPLY 1
William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @rcppubs23 ,

It's entirely possible there's a delay in the updates if there's a ton of segments being updated or ran at the same time.  We can't troubleshoot this live nor manage your account through Community support, so I'd advise calling in when you're able, for further assistance regarding your segmentation setups if you're seeing a significant delay.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

Featured Article

Use Sections to Build Email Campaigns Faster and Improve Engagement Rates

Using Sections while designing your marketing email not only increases your own efficiency but helps you to deliver a more friendly, organized message. Check out some of the key benefits of using sections in email.

See Article

Featured Thread

Casual Conversations: What's your go-to playlist?

If you listen to music while you work, share your playlist below so we can be inspired and maybe find some new music!

View thread

Featured Thread

Ready, Set, Send Challenge Week 4: Multi-channel Campaign Creation

Developing a multi-channel marketing strategy is the best way to grow your audience across email, social media, and more!

Join challenge
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
OCT 24
Engage and Convert: The Email and Social Media Power Play
2PM - 3PM EST