RESOLVED: [System issue July-Aug 2024] Uploading Files Indicates the Upload is In Progress

SOLVED
Go to solution
JDW
Rookie

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Caitlin_M
Administrator

Thank you for your patience. This issue has been marked as resolved. I've tested image uploads in my account both through the Library tab and when working on a campaign and the Success banner shows after an image is uploaded.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
William_A
Administrator

Hello @JDW ,

There is a noted issue with Library uploads staying in "In Progress" that is being reviewed by the devs. I've tracked the issue to your account so when there's an update, you'll be notified.

In the meantime, you can close out of the window and the upload will be completed. You may see a "Cancellation Successful" message, but the upload will still be there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
JeffD69
Rookie
0 Votes

Wanted to note I'm seeing the same issue, using the latest version of Firefox on a Mac. It's not a show-stopper, but makes the process of uploading images a touch more tedious.

MaryJoC83
Marketing Legend
0 Votes

@William_AJust another user who has been seeing this issue for several weeks, I think. It's not a show stopper, so I have been ignoring it.

0 Votes

Please add my account to the queue for notifications when this bug is fixed. We've been experiencing this same issue for some time. We have to hit "cancel" to upload images.

You've already kindly added me to the list to be told when CC will fix the issue where the Check for Errors tool insists there are no links. There doesn't appear to be any progress on that one either, or I assume I'd have heard. 

JaneB112
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

I am experiencing the same issue.  Please include me in the developers response.

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @JaneB112,

Thanks for calling it out. I've added you to the tracking for this issue.

Content Manager

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

Caitlin_M
Administrator

Thank you for your patience. This issue has been marked as resolved. I've tested image uploads in my account both through the Library tab and when working on a campaign and the Success banner shows after an image is uploaded.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
0 Votes

Thank you, Caitlin. I tested it, and it's definitely fixed for me. I appreciate your prompt attention and update. 

KBC_NC
Brand Strategist
0 Votes

Thank you! Glad it's fixed.

Annehol
Rookie

In the past when uploading images to use in our newsletter, the process has been to click UPLOAD, browse for the image or drag it in, then click UPLOAD.  When image was finished uploading, the option would appear either to upload another image or click DONE. That no longer happens. The image uploads and displays a check mark, but remains unhighlighted, and there is no DONE option to click, no anything to click - have to back out and reopen the whole campaign again.  What gives? 

Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @Annehol. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are aware of an issue with the library upload. Although it appears to be in progress, the image has been uploaded. You can click on the cancel text or the X in the upper right of the pop-up. There will be messaging that the upload was cancelled but once you go back to the email, the image will appear in the left hand side under Images.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
LetsGoFairhopeAL
Campaign Contributor
0 Votes

Same problem. Having to use the "X" to get out of the screen, and it says the image has been cancelled, but actually the image is there in the library when I look for it, so just trying to ignore the glitch for now. 

KBC_NC
Brand Strategist
0 Votes

I'm having the exact same problem too. Most annoying.

After I upload a photo to the library my option to "browse more files" or "Done" do not appear. My only option is to click on the "x" in the upper right hand corner. It says my upload was successfully discarded, however, the photo shows in my library, (which I want it to do). Please advise.

William_A
Administrator

Hello @CalvaryEpiscopal ,

If you're not seeing any options to confirm the upload or continue, this would indicate that you're too zoomed in, and the pop-up window for the library window is being partially cut off. I'd advise zooming out on your screen a bit (CTRL - on PC, CMD - on Mac) or setting your browser screen's zoom to 100% (CTRL 0 on PC, CMD 0 on Mac).

If the issue is that the image is showing with a green checkmark, but the bottom buttons are stuck as showing "Cancel" and "In Progress," you can safely exit that window (either through the X above or the cancel) and the checked files will have uploaded. If this is your situation, our devs are aware of the issue, and are working to address it. 

William A
JanitaS2
Rookie

I am having this exact problem and the images are NOT saved when I cancel and exit out. I'm in a loop of images with green checks and no way to insert them in a document. 

Any idea when this will be functional again? I get the green check box, then cannot safely exit with uploaded files. I have no uploaded files. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

We don't have any ETA as this is a very new issue. The devs are still investigating. 

William A
Rookie

I've been using Constant Contact for years.  In the last few days when I upload a picture it accepts it with a checkmark, but no button goes live for me to actually insert the picture. I have to use the back arrow in the browser and edit the campaign.  I do find the uploaded picture is in the library so I can then use it, but why can't I insert it as I've done for years?

William_A
Administrator

Hello @18481948 ,

If the issue is that the image is showing with a green checkmark, but the bottom buttons are stuck as showing "Cancel" and "In Progress," you can safely exit that window (either through the X above or the cancel) and the checked files will have uploaded. If this is your situation, our devs are aware of the issue, and are working to address it. 

William A
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

@Annehol @18481948 @KBC_NC @JanitaS2 @LetsGoFairhopeAL @CalvaryEpiscopal @LindseyL85 

Hi all. This issue has been marked as resolved. I've tested image uploads in my account both through the Library tab and when working on a campaign and the Success banner shows after an image is uploaded.

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST
OCT 02
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 2:30PM EST