Grow Time Challenge

Nick_S
Administrator

Article Banner notes 998x314.png

There are just 7 weeks until Small Business Saturday and now’s the time to set yourself up to grow your business! Millions of consumers will be looking around for new and exciting items or causes to support this season. This is your chance to capture those browsers and turn them into buyers or donations. 

This is a great opportunity to refresh your strategy and adopt new strategies that will help you grow.

Need help getting started? Here are a few ideas of ways you can grow your business this season.

Earn 10 (3).png

#1 Create a sign-up form or lead generation landing page to build your list online.

Turning website visitors into contacts through a website sign up form is an impactful way to create a great first impression with interested subscribers to take action on your campaign! But why stop at just your website? A lead generation landing page will give you a link to a sign-up form that you can use across several communications. Add it to your email signature, share it on social media, and spread the word!

#2 Sync contacts fast by integrating with Shopify, Donor Perfect or your other tech.

Leverage the tools and resources you’re already using. Connect your tech so it can do the work for you and automatically import new contacts as they engage with your brand. Create automated series to follow up with customers such as abandoned cart emails or special offers. 

#3 Create a new list segment of your most engaged contacts.

Getting the right message to the right audience is crucial. Try creating a segment to understand and get to know your contact list better, particularly your most engaged members who keep coming back for more! Try out some new subject lines with a segment of folks who haven't opened your last 5 emails, or thank a segment of your most engaged audience members by emailing them a special promotional offer. 

#4 Grow your contact list through social media using lead generation landing pages and lead ads.

Did you know that you can easily grow your contact list with the help of social media? Connect your Facebook account to your Constant Contact account, link your lead generation landing page right to your Facebook page and run targeted ads to grow your list with an integrated sign-up form.

#5 Convert prospective contacts with incentives tied to email sign ups.

Sweeten the pot for prospective contacts by providing an incentive, such as a free e-book or discount code, when they sign up to your email list. Clearly state the benefits of signing up and what they can expect in the future. With regular communication, you’ll build a relationship with your audience. 

Find more ideas in our Ultimate Checklist for Email List Growth.

Help your peers by sharing how you are capturing contacts and what has been successful for you by sharing your best practices below. Alternatively, if you are looking for ideas, ask for help, below! 

It’s grow time!

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

28 REPLIES 28
GraceN927
Rookie

Yes I am ready to grow..

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

I'm happy to hear it @GraceN927! Is there one of the five challenges that resonates with you? Anything you're already currently doing?

Looking to level up your email template designs? Share your email campaigns in Template Feedback & Inspiration and receive valuable advice from Constant Contact experts and industry peers!

RenataF31
Rookie

Ready to grow my business contacts and exposure.

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Aw yeah @RenataF31! Any marketing strategies you're looking to try and/or need advice on?

ButchT
Campaign Collaborator

Time to take my health & fitness business to the NEXT level! 

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Time to level up! Heck yeah! What Constant Contact tools are you using currently or looking to fit into your marketing plans?

JennaJ303
Campaign Collaborator

I love this idea! Accountability is one of the tools I use with my clients, which will give me a great push!  I plan to start with the list-building tools because, even with 1400 names on a one-woman shop's list, I'm looking for more engagement.

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Yeah! Get that engagement! Love it. Do you primarily run an online business or do you have a brick-and-mortar location, as well?

JennaJ303
Campaign Collaborator
Primarily online. I do travel to meet clients in person when they prefer in person to online. I just tried a new approach for social engagement: a freebie giveaway based on needing to comment and tagging friends to increase my circle of influence. We’ll see if that increases my following.
Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

That's cool! A relatively simple ask from prospective clients and potentially a great boon for you. Check back in with us to let us know how it goes!

CBritt
Rookie

Thank you for the helpful tips.

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

You're very welcome, @CBritt! Any of the tips stand out that you might want to give a try, or maybe already utilizing?

CBritt
Rookie

I would like to try exporting contacts from another program.

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Is there a specific program you're already using where your contacts are stored?

MaryM4447
Rookie
0 Votes

Where is the forum? I don't see the link to the forum page. 

William_A
Administrator
0 Votes

Hello @MaryM4447 ,

If by "forum" you're referring to the image that says "Earn 10 points by uploading your discussion post to MyRewards," then you need only click that image to continue to that page. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
MaryM4447
Rookie
0 Votes

No, that is not what I mean. I received an email titled "How to build your business ahead of the busiest time of the year"

In the email, the 2nd bullet point states, "Share your advice or ask a question in this forum with other small businesses or nonprofits on how to capture new subscribers." It takes me to this page so I was asking if their was an actual forum page or if this is considered the "forum" for discussion.

That's all :smileyface: and I believe that I may have misread the email. 

MaryM4447
Rookie
0 Votes

I think I found what I was looking for!

Thanks! https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Share-Get-Ideas/bd-p/campaignfeedback

Nick_S
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @MaryM4447,

I apologize for the confusion. By forum, they certainly meant this thread that we're communicating in. So, you're in the right place!

EDIT: We are in the Share & Get Ideas forum, though, so I think our promotional peeps just mixed up the usage of the word.

L85864
Rookie

Wow!!! These are amazing tips. I will be starting with creating a sign up form and landing page and adding it to my website, email and social media pages. I didn't think of adding that to my email but I sure will now. Thanks for the tips.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Polls
How confident are you about the effectiveness of your current marketing strategy?

Top Choice: Not confident at all (78%)

Upcoming Webinars
Share your marketing campaign with other small business experts and gather valuable tips and feedback to improve your email newsletters, social campaigns, and more. Add @CTCTHelp to your post and we will share it on social media for additional feedback!