Ability to un-enroll from MFA

I couldn't even reply to this without jumping through your 'hoop'. I don't care your reasoning. I think we should have the option of opting out. I now have to figure out how this will work with our elderly people who don't have cell phones. Ridiculous! Did your insurance company demand you do this?

45 Comments
MichaelM3278
Participant

The new security procedure is a total pain to me. I have 2 accounts and have to get a new text message with new sign in number every time I switch between them. Security has not been an issue for me and I would like to find a way I can opt out or somehow link my accounts so I don't have to constantly resign in each time I change accounts which can be several times a day.

Frankie_P
Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @Donna_Munsen 

We apologize for any inconvenience caused by this multi-factor authentication! Multi-factor authentication is considered an industry standard, used by many online services to keep their customer’s data secure. We’re now requiring this to keep your information as safe as possible through account security and to assure that emails are being sent legitimately and not by spammers to better our sending reputation. With that said, at this time there is no way to turn off this security feature. We have however tracked your feedback on this process and opened up your idea so other users can weigh in as well.

BobS054
Participant

turn off multi factor authentication. how do I turn off this annoying thing?

Frankie_P

Hi @BobS054 at this time being able to turn off the multi-factor authentication in an account is not an available feature. It is however a feature request we are tracking feedback on. We have merged your post into a larger thread on this request in the meantime.

AIRCARE_INTL
Occasional Participant

GOOD BYE.

I have 5 different departments using CC. I cannot possibly input all of their personal (non company) phone numbers for SMS, They do not have company cells phones nor FB, or Google account - FOR OUR SECURITY- and I as an admin, cannot loginto the accounts.

CLEAResult
Participant

We also have multiple users for our account and currently, I am having to authenticate them through my personal cell phone because I can't find how to add them all. Regardless, I would have to enter their personal cell phone as well, since we do not have phones provided by our company. If CC is unable to allow us to opt-out, can you please find a way to easily allow multiple users to login under the same account? Thank you.

KelliK91
Participant

What a total waste of my staff time.

Not being able to turn off the multi-factor authentication will force me to cancel your services and go with someone else. I have had enough. I'll start shopping around for another service today.

CatherineK00
Participant
company doesnt have a phone number where we can receive verification codes. Can this be turned off.
JaimeM
Frequent Participant

While protecting information is a necessity, requiring MFA through phones without allowing users to opt-out shows little consideration for small companies. Every single option provided requires the use of a phone. Unilaterally deciding that all companies have phones available for every person (or even just every person that works in the email marketing account) is remarkably out of touch with a world that has drastically shifted to email and virtual meetings for communications. 

Not every person in a small company is provided with a phone – desk or mobile. We cannot require that employees use personal devices for work purposes. So now, small companies have two options. 1) waste money to provide all employees who use Constant Contact with a phone just to be able to access the site, (which is particularly difficult as many budgets were cut due to the pandemic currently raging) or 2) reduce the amount of people who have access to the account and can perform their required job duties. Neither option is appealing nor necessary. We need to be able to unenroll so that all of our staff can continuing performing their job duties. 

If you absolutely must require us to use MFA, then you have to provide options that do not all require the exact same capabilities. Six options that all require the same tool is one option dressed six different ways. A very simple addition – one that is used for authentication on a wide variety of sites – is to simply send an email with a verification code. 

WELC
Participant

We would also like to disable the MFA from our account. Please keep us posted on when that can happen.

ModaHealth
Regular Participant
We do not want or need the 2FA. How to turn it off?
ECSAdmin
Occasional Participant

At least offer email as a verification option!!!

AlixaS
Participant

We will close our account as this cell phone option is not possible for us.  No one can do their work, it is causing endless frustration.  I am sure we can find a different mailing service that treats it's clients better.  

TheSecretList
Participant

We will be closing our account over this joke 2 factor authetication.  Such crap - we have a group of users - I don't need an extra step - thanks for putting something in place that was never needed - stupid computer geeks building this **bleep** - go back to your moms basement

TanD
Occasional Participant

MFA activated using the company cell phone..

CC claims :
"Once enabled, MFA will only be required when accessing your account from a new device that our system does not recognize. MFA will not be required each time you log in to your Constant Contact account. "

So I've logged into multiple uses devices so that CC system can recognize the device.
However, our devices (which have received MFA once before) still receive prompt to provide the SMS verification code every time we log-in from the same device, same browser. This is a REAL HASSLE.

Constant Contact - What happen?
Why still need MFA prompt every time we access our account from the same device???

SherisseD
Participant

We really need email as an option for the MFA. Authentication code sent via cell phone DOES NOT WORK for our organization. Thanks for considering!

JudyL3963
Regular Participant
I need to be able to turn this off! Using multiple accounts and multiple devices, I find that when I need access to constant contact, I rarely have easy access to the code I need to get in-- it's costing me lots of time and frustration
SteveL56
Participant

I agree that this stupid MFA is nothing but a pain. My BANK accounts don't even require MFA. This is frustrating and an incredible irritation. Give us the option to turn this off.

Frankie_P

Hi @CatherineK00 at this time our system does not offer the ability to unenroll from the multi-factor authentication. It is however a feature request we are collecting feedback on. Because of this we have merged your post into a larger thread focused on this request.

MollyA8
Participant

We would like the option to turn off the MFA feature. We have 2 users who login to our same company account but can only link it to one cell phone account. This feature makes no sense for the way we use your platform. You need to offer an email option. Thank you. 

Jumping_J-Jays
Participant

Absolutely stupid for small businesses that have multiple people use the account. And not to even have an email verification as an option is disgusting. This is such a frustrating thing to snap apply to accounts. It is essentially holding the account hostage until you give a mobile number.

BrianT058
Participant

MFA feature is debilitating for the way in which we operate our organization. Anyone know if Mail Chimp requires this as well? Contemplating a switch.

@Constant Contact, could you please provide us with a workaround to allowing multiple staff members to access one account in a remote work environment?

PaulA2750
Consulting & Training

I absolute hate that you are requiring me to use a dual log in app.

What you failed to realize .. I PAY you ... I dont work for you, you work for me.

Since you dont have a "op-out" option ... I'll op-out and move to another service provided.

You USE to be customer service minded ....   not any more.

Good bye!

PotL
Participant
The fact I have to receive a text with a code to login as well as enter an email and password every time is ridiculous. It makes me want to cancel your product. Turn it off!!!!!!!
FrankM006
Retail

Ironic I couldn't reply to this without getting a code.
Even my accounting system doesn't require MFA.

PeterK26
Regular Participant

Is anyone at CC listening ... MFA is a pain and nuisance. Not needed.

LupilloR
Participant

We would also like to disable MFA

JohnC9188
Occasional Participant
How do I turn this off? I sign in and go to edit it and all I get is the red circle with the line through it. I am on the road and need someone to send out information and the authentication is sent to me which does no good.
T.RonD
Participant

We would also like to disable MFA

Frankie_P

Hi @JohnC9188 we're sorry to hear this is the experience you've had and have merged your post into a larger thread focused on the ability to turn off multi-authentication in an account.

PhilipC86531
Participant

Just wanted to add to this thread that as an organization with 4+ users, and we do NOT have company cell phones or work in the same office, this is VERY impractical. I appreciate the focus on security, but really need an email option or an opt-out option for this to be a realistic part of our every day workflow. 

DesmondK0
Retail

I agree with all of the above. Extremely inconvenient and difficult when you have multiple staff members working on eBlasts.

HayZ
Occasional Participant

I'm going to have to agree with everyone else. This verification is absurd. Every time I log in from a different IP address, I have to ask my office to pick up the phone and send me the code. This is ridiculous. I'm constantly inconvenienced by this because I travel a lot for work. Just let us turn off this inconvenience of a "feature" or send the code to my email.
I should not have to give you my phone number after 3 years of service. 

This is ridiculous.

TiffanySk
Participant

MFA does not work for us as it is currently set up, either. Please either offer the ability to unenroll, or allow users to add an email address as a verification method so that multiple users can access the account.

BruceC76
Participant

I agree with this thread - MFA is a pain and doesn't add any value for me.  It should be optional and it should be allowed to disable when wanted.  We, the customer are paying for this - our wishes should be respected.

USAMedicalAlumni
Participant
I need help adjusting the MFA. Every single time I log on from another computer in my office, it requires the MFA... The issue is my cell service isn't great in my office so by the time the code comes through its already expired. I would just like to turn the MFA off completely.
Frankie_P

Hi @USAMedicalAlumni because the multi-factor authentication is a setting is meant to help curb unapproved account logins, it is required when logging into an account from different computers or devices. Because of this at this time there is no way to turn off this security feature. It is however a feature request we are collecting feedback. We have merged your post into a larger thread on this in the meantime.

SaintPaulCommunityEd
Frequent Participant

Please offer a way to opt out of this.  I'll click a waiver of informed consent or what not.  This has made it incredibly difficult for members of our department to access their accounts. 

FirstNameL80541
Participant
We really need this multifactor check turned off. It is negatively impacting how we can work with Constant Contact.
AlP077
Participant

I agree with all these responses from  constant contact customers.  the Multi-factor authentication is a pain and does not allow multi users who develop newsletters of a organizations to conduct business.  what if the cell phone of main person is lost or stolen, or they get sick or die...then the organizations is screwed.  There should be an email MFA at the least.  I am curious if constant contact makes any revenue from the SMS texting?  Also, because Constant Contact now has access to users cell phone does Constant Contact get access to that phones data? it seems every darn app wants access to phones data to sell it...

MurrayW6
Consulting & Training

I agree with others are saying. We didn't ask for MFA logins this and it is EXTREMELY ANNOYING, especially because receiving a text is the only option. I don't want any texts from CC -- ever, for any reason. It's an invasion of privacy.

It is the responsibility of each user to make sure their password is secure. So stop playing the "nanny state." This is an insult to those of us who properly manage our security. If someone doesn't protect their password, that's their problem. 

And please stop adding unrequested "features" to CC. In my experience, they almost always make your product worse. Please provide an MFA login opt out option -- or I might soon need to opt out of CC altogether.

JessieWF
Retail

Agreed - don't need it, don't want it, let us turn it off!

ModaHealth
Regular Participant
please turn off MFA or allow more users-you've rendered your service useless
MikeB246
Participant

If you are collecting feedback on this feature it IS A BAD ONE. I work with a multi-member team and we do a vast amount of business through CC. I'm in there four or five times a day. Each time I am asked to put a code in. It is a big waste of time and it is especially troubling when I have our production assistant do some of the emails. He has to ask me what the code is. AND I am some 2000 miles away. Stop saying it is industry standard. There are plenty of programs that don't require this more than once or twice. 

MarkS102
Participant

This is no way to do business and we are going to look for another solution.  We have multiple users and with no other option, we are going to leave CC.

What happens with product feedback?

Find out about the life-cycle of a product idea when it is posted on our Feedback board.

Read More

What's New

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More