Via Settings, enable default From and Reply To email addresses different from the account email

0 Votes

Should be able to configure a default email addresses for From and Reply To to something different than the account address. For us, these are always different than the account address and it's easy to forget to change this every time we create a campaign, and then replies are sent to the wrong address and it confuses both staff and customers.

Setting a default From Name is already supported and manged in the Email Message Settings. The From Name default is reflected when creating a Draft as described here

Similar to the From Name, two more settings, one for each of From Address and Reply To Address should be added to Email Message Settings and used as the defaults when creating a new draft. 

This is a re-request of https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Managing-Contacts/Default-from-and-reply-to-address/idi-p/2... which hasn't been addressed for 5 years.

9 Comments
I should be able to set up default From and Reply to email addresses without changing the default email for my user account. We send monthly emails to our customer base, and want it to show our promos@ email address instead of it showing a personal address. Why is this not possible?
Status changed to: New

Thanks @CoryH for posting this idea. We allow you to change the address within each email if you would like! Currently the account email address will default but there can always be another email addresse set for your billing information.

Status changed to: Closed - No Action

Occasional Visitor

Not good enough. Should be able to set a default email to something different than the account address. It's easy to forget to change this every time we create a campaign, and then replies are sent to the wrong address and it confuses both staff and customers.

Status changed to: Voting Open

Hi @WilliamD4332 there are many factors that are used to decide what is added to or updated in our product which can cause us to sometimes not have a timeline for when a feature will be available. So thank you for sharing this feedback with us! Feedback like this helps gauge which features are needed most by our users. So we have opened up this idea so other users can weigh in as well. The more requests we receive on this the higher a priority it will be given.

Solution Provider

It seems like it would be simple enough to allow entering "reply to" address which is different from the "From" address. Please, how would I do this?

Occasional Visitor

I agree (as a software developer for 30+ years) that it wouldn't be difficult to implement. But it won't get prioritized and implemented unless enough people demand it. As the original post says, people have been asking for this for over 5 years. So vote for this issue and have anyone else you know that uses CC do the same. Maybe it'll get done if enough customers want it done.

Occasional Visitor

BTW, I can't vote for this, perhaps because I created it. 

This link will take you to the votes, sorted with the newest first, in order to help you find this issue and vote on it:

https://community.constantcontact.com/t5/Account-Settings-Billing/idb-p/tkrolesfeedback/status-key/v...