Master email marketing fundamentals and transform your business. Join the Ready, Set, Send Challenge!

Template Feedback: New Monthly Newsletter

ChrisB80179
Rookie

We are a car dealership and are implementing a monthly newsletter to our customer base moving forward.

Looking for feedback on our first newsletter to be sent out: https://campaignlp.constantcontact.com/em/1105132857325/efa2c4fc-a45b-441b-bafd-03813572dbf0

We will also be sending our regular sales oriented email later in the month as well as a service oriented email so this is a soft-touch for the beginning of the month. We're looking to improve our open rates and engagement in the coming months so I watched a few pre-recorded webinars to help us out for now until we fine tune in the future.

Thank you in advance!

4 REPLIES 4
ACTIVATE
Community Coach

@ChrisB80179 Right out of the gate I like what I see. Even thought it's a "newsletter" it's not long or cumbersome. And it pops with bright images and pictures. You also have easy action buttons for them to use. I might consider swapping that section to be lower, though, maybe swap with the article about donations. (still leave your pennant flag a the top, though). This opens the newsletter up with a lead story or piece of content that is feel good and not sales focused while allowing you to still get that section in very early in the scroll by having it second or middle. 

Love the traffic tips - quality content right there!

Love the ice cream favorite flavor requests... what do you dow with that data? have it ready to give them a bowl when they close on their new ride? sooo curious. 

Great job featuring your reviews, that is one of the surest sales tools there is.

Kudos on having an app, that's a great value add and I'm sure lead generator.

And one final kudos on branded wallpaper.

Nice work!

Aaron Wesley Means

ACTIVATE Business Solutions

Help others find this post by giving it kudos.

Note: I am not a Constant Contact employee.

DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth
Community Coach

The email template is visually appealing and well-designed. It’s both bright and attention-grabbing with a clean layout and structure. Nice start, from a professional here at Solutions for Growth that has developed hundreds of email templates over the years!

After reviewing, here are a few suggestions / changes that could enhance the overall impact and better engagement of the email:

1. Typically, we recommend including contact information at the top (beginning) of an email.  This is important to allow your readers immediate access to your contact details if they have questions or need further information. This also enhances the professionalism of the email by clearly displaying who the sender is and how they can be reached, building trust and credibility.
  2. We also would suggest adding a website navigation bar with links that take the reader over to your website. It offers a quick and convenient way for recipients to explore more of your content or offerings, which can lead to higher conversion rates and better retention of your audience.
  3. All images should be linked back to your website. Some of your images are linked and some are not (National Sales and Traffic)
  4. Some of the buttons do not appear to be the same size.
  5. The first paragraph is the main message and that block needs to be more prominent. Don't center justify it.
  6. Typically, if you have a “Review” section (which is excellent), it helps to further build trust and validation to include a button (Call to Action) to “See More Reviews” and linked.
  7. Some of the text font sizes and colors are different.
  8. The ice cream survey is very cute! However, it is also very large and eye-catching, therefore we suggest you remove this section. Unless there is a real reason to have it, it distracts from the main message and is visually jarring. It takes your readers away from both the email and does not direct them to your website.

Here are a few samples of some of the work we have created:

https://conta.cc/3LBueGF

https://conta.cc/4dXvila

https://conta.cc/3S6nWT9

But, overall – very good looking email!  Want to chat more? Please reach out and schedule a call with me, happy to share more details.

David Fischer

Solutions for Growth

Link Text

Chris-S
Administrator

Wonderful tips and advice @DavidFischerSolutionsForGrowth and @ACTIVATE. Thank you!

Elevate your marketing with Constant Contact's Professional Design Services! From eye-catching email templates to custom branding and social media graphics, our professional design services are tailored to boost your business's impact and engagement.

TraceyLeeDavis
Community Coach

Hi @ChrisB80179!

Aaron and David already gave you some super helpful tips, so I will just add a few thoughts about the images. Some folks will not be able to see the images in your emails unless they download them, so any information that is important to the content of your email should be in actual text. So, the Toyota ad and that great review might not be visible to some of your readers unless they take the extra step to download the images. Here is some extra info about using images in your emails. 

Keep up the great work! My favorite flavor is Mint Chocolate Chip! :smileyface:

Tracey Lee Davis

ZingPop Social Media

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here

73% of SMBs express doubt that their marketing strategy is effective. Does this sound familiar? Read our Small Business Now Report to learn how you can tweak your strategy to see better results.

Go read our article
Upcoming Webinars
SEP 19
Achieve Your Goals with Multi-Channel Marketing Campaigns
2PM - 3PM EST