Segmentation filter

Regular Participant

Segmentation filter

We need to set up segments using a Custom, free-form field that is non-blank. I have tried several common wildcard substitutes but none seem to work. There is an option for the field being blank but not one for is not blank. Any ideas?

1 REPLY 1
Employee

Hello @CharlieB743,

We have submitted a feature request to let our developers know that you are interested in having an "Is Not Blank" option added to the search functions in our Segments tool. There are a couple workaround until then. For custom fields that are date fields, you can use the contains search and the wildcard "/" as any date stored will have this character. For custom fields that are text, there is no universal character, so you could string a series of "or" functions and search for a series of letters (like in Wheel of Fortune- A,E,I,O,U,R,S,T,L,N,C,G) This does not guarantee 100%, but will be close. 

Timothy_G
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.