Char limit?

Highlighted
Real Estate

Char limit?

I created a template using the WYGIWYG editor and it worked fine, but I wanted to tweak some HTML elements. I exported it, imported it back and the app is giving me the error "Your email has exceeded the 150000 character limit, please shorten your email to continue. Current length is 315023" It had no problem with this char limit when I was building the mockup in WYGIWYG We know that emails get truncated, but this is a specialized email that needs to be this long, I don't understand why our eblast app is restricting us from doing what we want to do...

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Char limit?

Hi @ildark 

Thank you for reaching out to the Community about your email! This experience you're having working in our system and would be happy to look into this further for you. In fact, please email us at social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com with your username, a reference to this post, the name of the email you were working on, and the steps you took before seeing this error. These are helpful details to have for further troubleshooting as there is currently more than one draft email in your account. Not only this, but I can see you are still working in our older Legacy Newsletters. There have been cases where copying and pasting into these templates can carry over problematic formatting. Because of this I would suggest stripping out any complicated formatting before pasting your copied HTML into a campaign. 

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Product Updates: July 2020

Alongside introducing our new branding (check out that fresh new logo!), our teams were busy bringing you new updates to your Constant Contact account. Read on to find out what was new in your Constant Contact account during the month of July

Read More
Featured