Formatting issue - email does not look like preview.

SOLVED
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Dear Constant Contact: Before you make any more upgrades, please fix your formatting!

Hi Ann,

We have some great updates in the works which you should be happy with.

I'm very sorry you had difficulty.

I'm not quite sure why you had such trouble creating your email. Was the text copied and pasted? If so, this can cause issues within a block due to coding and formatting being inserted into the HTML. When you go to edit this text, our editor may get confused and start acting a little funny. An easy way to resolve this is to clear styles from the block.

If the Greeting appears more than once in your email, you can remove the second greeting by editing the block and right clicking on the Greeting. Click Delete.

If you'd like me to take a look at your email, please let me know if I have permission to access your account and what the name of the email is. Also, please let me know which browser you were using.

Thanks,

Jarrad

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Are you on Twitter? Follow me here!
Highlighted
Visitor

Re: Dear Constant Contact: Before you make any more upgrades, please fix your formatting!

Oh - so glad I found this forum.  When I call support they always say " Well no one else reports that ...."   Now I know it is not just me.

Other dumb stuff in Constant contact:

1.) No auto Save, so when CC web session biffs and kicks you out you lose work.  How about a 5 min. auto save ?

2.) Also a 60 minute timer and it logs you out without saving - Really CC ?   We do OTHER things in a day besides being  heads down on our newsletter.  It should have no time out so all day I can add thoughts and products without relogging in.

3.) Save button.  So in a text block - you want to save and continue - Click Save and you are removed from the text block.  You have to click in the block to go back to edit mode then click again to position your cursor where you want to continue.  So it is a 3 click penalty to save your work.  Why not have a Save and continue that keeps your edit active after save.

4.) Save topic again.  You save in CC and then try to navigate away and it warns you that you should Save or you might lose your work.  Doesn't it know that I just saved ?   Maybe it did not work ?  So I save again,  warning message again.   CC should know that no edit was done after save and let you navigate away.

Lots of $$ for clunking coding.

Highlighted
Employee

Hi Patrick,

I wanted to start off that I do sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that have occurred for you. I appreciate the feed back you've sent and you have raised some good points. I would be more than happy to submit this feed back for you to our engineering team, as with more feed back we get about system functions, our engineering team can possibly implement them in future releases.

Thank you

Jayson Gonzalez

Community Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"

Highlighted
Visitor

Thanks for the reply, but I have provided these suggestions to support for MONTHS, as I have struggled with timeouts and disconnects and the dreaded white screen when INSERT LINKS  goes zombie.  The support reps say they will forward them on but I guess they never did.  

Highlighted
Employee

Thank you for your candid feedback, Patrick. A lot of the features that we have on our product road map have come from customers such as yourself. You’ve brought up some good points and I’ll see what we can do to address them in the future. Keep the ideas coming!

Thanks,

Mike Karampalas

Product Manager

Highlighted
Visitor

Yes, I agree.  I call it the DEVIL WITHIN....I waste so  much time with this editor and now comparing to find something that works better.  I am thoroughly disappointed and question how it is getting such good reviews.

Highlighted
Visitor

I'm having the same frustrating issues as everyone else in this post and it seems Constant Contact responders are just suggesting the same "fixes" over and over for each post rather than realizing the issue is Constant Contact formatting, not the user!  Please look into the real problem and stop wasting my time with suggested fixes already.  Thanks. 

Highlighted
Visitor

Spacing and display of content varies

Could someone explain why my emails display differently on different computers? Sometimes the spacing and display varies.  Is there a way to prevent this from happening?  Thank you for your help with this.

Tags (2)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Spacing and display of content varies

Hi Ed,

The reason why your email may look different is most likely due to the email client you're using to view the email. Each email client (Yahoo, Gmail, Outlook, etc.) interprets the HTML that makes up your email in its own way. It's not that there's anything wrong with the email, it has to do with the way the email client is rendering the HTML.

There's site dedicated to changing the way email clients render HTML so that the display is more consistent between email clients. You can check it out here: http://www.email-standards.org/

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Jarrad

Highlighted
Regular Visitor

Re: Spacing and display of content varies

Is there a way to find out what email clients customers are using? (without having to ask them)

Register for our "Making Sense of Online Marketing for Retail" Webinar

Join us on Thursday, August 13th at 2pm ET for a free webinar where we'll discuss how to incorporate online marketing into your retail store.

Read More
Featured