Inline form not working - can't register new addresses

Retail

Inline form not working - can't register new addresses

Our website had an inline form created in March of 2018. It worked for some time, allowing nearly 300 users to subscribe. I'm not sure when it stopped working; it's not super busy so it wasn't really on our radar. But recently we discovered that if you try to subscribe, when you click the "sign up" button, nothing happens. The page just sits, there's no reload to indicate a transfer of information, there is no confirmation email sent, the email address is not added to our CC contacts list.

Yesterday I chatted with CC help, and they said the universal/inline form codes worked fine outside of our website, so it must be a website problem. Our website host can't figure out what the issue could be, and says because the form worked previously, it's a CC problem. I created and activated a brand new inline form, and sent our host the new code to install to see if that changed anything. It did not. (This form is still active, rather than the one created in 2018.)

Our host indicated that they have several sites using CC forms, and that all of them are working properly except ours and one other, and that the two nonworking forms have similar-looking code, which does _not_ look like the functional code on the other sites, but I don't know the specifics.

Do you have any ideas of what to look for to fix this?

Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @JanC21 ,

Our higher level technical team confirmed the code is exactly as it's supposed to be, and they're not seeing any issue with the form's coding. They agreed to take an even more in-depth look just to be absolutely sure, but so far it's indicating that there's an issue with the site itself, not with the inline form or its code. They should be reaching out to your account's primary email address within the next 4 business days with an update, and any additional insight they can offer you and your site admin.

William D
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.

OK, I will ask to have that forwarded to me. Thank you.

Hello @JanC21,

Our pleasure, have a great day! 

Zoe H.
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.