Our Constant Contact Email Says "Be Careful with this message"

Participant

Our Constant Contact Email Says "Be Careful with this message"

Tom Browning is similar to a name in your organization, but the email address does not belong to your domain or Tom Browning Mail couldn’t verify that it actually came from browning_joyce+yahoo.com@ccsend.com. This is a yellow banded message that I received from my Constant Contact Email: "Avoid replying to this email unless you reach out to the sender by other means to ensure that this email address is legitimate". Why would it contain that scary banner? Joyce Browning

1 REPLY 1

Hi @JoyceB58 

I apologize you're seeing this error message in your email! We have seen cases where this warning message appears in Gmail only if an email is sent to the same address set as the from address. When you send it to yourself, Gmail is taking it as someone is using your own email address to send emails to you. This triggers the Gmail internal system and adds a warning label at the top. But if you can send social_support(at)constantcontact(dot)com a screenshot of your full email header (including the from email address, sent email address, etc.) we can continue troubleshooting.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.