Template and draft formatting changed overnight

SOLVED
Go to solution
NancyP235
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

My newsletter went out this morning with formatting anomalies that weren't present when I scheduled it yesterday. I checked and all of my templates and drafts—frequently used and rigorously updated—had changed across the board. Spacing in body and headers went from 1.2 to 1.5, buttons went from Arial to Open Sans, body links took an underline which wasn't present before. What's going on? I've reverted my templates back to the correct style but I really hope this isn't going to become a persistent issue.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Kyle_R
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @NancyP235 - We just received word that this should now be fixed. I know you said you already made the necessary adjustments to your template, but please feel free to take a look and make sure nothing looks "off". 

It seems like a template level change was made on our side that overrode some of the design styling, The issue was addressed by our template team here and it should have restored any styling that was being overridden. Thanks for raising the issue here, I apologize you had to run into that. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Caitlin_M
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @NancyP235. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Were these changes made within the block or under the Design tab in the editor? What browser were you using to make the changes yesterday and then today when logging in? 

--

Caitlin M.
Community Manager
NancyP235
Brand Visionary
0 Votes

Thanks @Caitlin_M. These changes appeared both in the Design tab and on the level of the block. In the templates I'm using, button style and link underline were controlled in the Design tab, and the line spacing appears to have been altered in the block (unless I'm missing it, there is not a way to alter line spacing in the Design tab in these templates). On both occasions, I've used Chrome, but to clarify, this change was effected across templates/drafts that I did not access at any point yesterday. It seems to have been an upper level adjustment to the style of all our existing drafts.

Kyle_R
Administrator
0 Votes

Hi @NancyP235 - We just received word that this should now be fixed. I know you said you already made the necessary adjustments to your template, but please feel free to take a look and make sure nothing looks "off". 

It seems like a template level change was made on our side that overrode some of the design styling, The issue was addressed by our template team here and it should have restored any styling that was being overridden. Thanks for raising the issue here, I apologize you had to run into that. 

NancyP235
Brand Visionary

Everything looks as expected, thanks.

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
Mar 28
Making it to the Inbox in 2024: What’s changed and what hasn’t
2PM - 3PM EST