"Copy failed. Please try again." Help please!

SOLVED
Go to solution
KBC_NC
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

I am trying to copy this week's email campaign we sent Wednesday to use as a starter for next week, as usual, but I keep getting the notice "Copy failed. Please try again." I appear to be able to copy campaigns still in draft but not those that have been sent. What is going on?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
William_A
Administrator

Hello @KBC_NC ,

This error message is because the name you're trying to give it is already in use for another campaign. If you give it a truly unique name, then it should copy, just as I was able to do in your account when making the CSCTEST_ versions of your latest Wednesday emails. You're welcome to use these copies and rename them, or delete them and make your own.

If you find yourself regularly naming emails for the dates they're made/sent on, then I'd advise adding something extra or more specific like the year or something else to make sure it's truly unique when you copy.

If the issue persists after giving it a truly unique name, then I'd advise calling our general support so they can continue troubleshooting live with you and collect pertinent info. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
William_A
Administrator

Hello @KBC_NC ,

This error message is because the name you're trying to give it is already in use for another campaign. If you give it a truly unique name, then it should copy, just as I was able to do in your account when making the CSCTEST_ versions of your latest Wednesday emails. You're welcome to use these copies and rename them, or delete them and make your own.

If you find yourself regularly naming emails for the dates they're made/sent on, then I'd advise adding something extra or more specific like the year or something else to make sure it's truly unique when you copy.

If the issue persists after giving it a truly unique name, then I'd advise calling our general support so they can continue troubleshooting live with you and collect pertinent info. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
William A
Community & Social Media Support
KBC_NC
Campaign Expert
0 Votes

Wonderful, thank you so much for the very quick answer!

Updates
Just Getting Started?

We’re here to help you grow. With how-to tutorials, courses, getting-started guides, videos and step-by-step instructions to start and succeed with Constant Contact.

Start Here
Upcoming Webinars
May 01
Constant Contact Community Walkthrough and Demo
2PM - 3:00 PM EST