Event 2.0 - Ability for registrants to edit their own registration

Events should have the ability for registrants to conveniently edit, update, or change their registration within Constant Contact without the need to contact a CC administrator, e.g., to correct any errors made during the initial registration as seen in the registration confirmation email.

This is a common feature available on other event registration platforms. By providing a link in the registration confirmation email to the event registration form populated with the initial registration information, registrants may edit or update their registration.  

The focus of online registration should be to make the registration process as accessible as possible without the inconvenience of calling or emailing to make changes.

4 Comments
William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team, and also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request, but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback and could be taken under consideration for a future release.

GregC228
Rookie

Greetings.  For our luncheons, we have been using the Event feature albeit the legacy one.  We have transitioned early to the new Event tool for our latest luncheon set for 28 Mar 24.  Something I have wondered about for a while now, sometimes our luncheon registrants select the wrong food item or more meal items than they are allowed.  When this happens I make a mental note or jot down on paper this correction needs to be made when we make our final luncheon cut sheet using the Constant Contact report feature.  What would be ideal is when a registrant has made a mistake like this that a luncheon administrator should be able to go into the Event tool and adjust the registrant's meal selection to the correct item or if they have selected too many meal items, the Administrator should be able to adjust to 1 meal item after conferring with the registrant.  I can't express how much this change would make to the useability of your tool.  This is one  in the armor I have noticed for quite some time, but I just roll with the punches.  In retrospect, I'd really like to see this change/enhancement made to improve the Event tool ~ Thank you!

v/r,

PeterT4965
Marketing Legend

Shockingly, this issue has remained unresolved for almost a decade now, even with "an updated event experience in a more advanced tool," aka Events 2.0.

If we cannot enable the registrants to update their registration online, then the event administrator must be able to edit the number of tickets and payments to balance the books.

More thought needs to go into managing event registrations and ticket sales. Let's look at this as an accountant. If ticket payments have not been made, the registrant or event admin should be able to edit and change the number of tickets. If a payment has been made, this further complicates matters (need for refunds or additional payments) but is doable with standard accounting procedures that should be incorporated into Constant Contact to make Events 2.0 a more viable event management tool. Regrettably, the "more advanced tool" (Events 2.0) has fallen far short of being useful.

AHeller
Rookie

Would LOVE a place on the registrant information where I could make notes or reminders. 
Also, wish there was more editing capabilities' other than name correction etc. IE: adding a add on after they've registered and editing meals choices etc. instead of having to cancel and re-enter the registration.

Am not crazy about the changes you've made to event management, esp the "ticketing" aspect. I've used your platform for YEARS to collect information about our flower shows entrants but now I can't because it's not a ticketed event. Had to use Google Sheets linked from a landing page. It'll work but not as smoothly as before. 

Thank You!

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Read More
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More