Update Twitter Logo to X Logo

Can we please update the Twitter logos in the "social follow" templates?

When I send out emails to subscribers, I don't want messages to look outdated because my email service has not updated this template yet. The change in name and logo occurred over a week ago.

Top Answer
William_A
Administrator

This has been implemented in all emails built using the Cross Platform/Device Editor (CPE). If you're still seeing the Twitter logo, make sure you're not still using the older 3rd Generation Editor (3GE) to build your email. If you're in the CPE, make sure to edit your social bar to force the visual change through for your existing block, or simply delete and re-add.

35 Comments

Could you please update the Twitter icon to the new 'X' icon.

Lastly, I think it would be very helpful to allow a custom image to be uploaded and used for a social icon, that way users can link to any platform they'd like instead of there needing to add every platform as a selected choice. 

William_A
Administrator
Status changed to: Acknowledged

We're updating the status of this idea to more accurately reflect its current status with our engineering team, and have also made slight changes to the subject line in order for it to be more easily found. We can't guarantee a commitment to deliver on this feature request, but it should indicate some awareness that we have heard your feedback. The engineers are continuing to monitor X (formerly known as Twitter)'s continued development on its rebrand, and will take updates to existing social icons under consideration for a future releases.

CathyH2
Campaign Expert

It is very important that we use correct branding. It's been 24 days since they updated the logo with Twitter. We need you all to keep current.

Agreed! It seems this change is here to stay and would love to see the icon updated. Thank you

KristenP07
Brand Influencer

While I find the whole "X" incredibly dumb..... Please update the logo.  It's a pain to have to manipulate an image next to the social icons for every email.  

LasersMemberConnection
Brand Visionary

I first posted about this about a month ago; and as ridiculous as the "X" is, it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. Your company seems to otherwise be devoted to/cognizant of the importance of branding. Can you please update us on the status of this? 

ntpa203
Rookie

Yes--please provide an updated icon for X as soon as possible. As others have stated, continued use of the Twitter icon makes our emails look dated and thus makes us (the senders) look clueless. Opinions about the rebrand are beside the point; accuracy is the goal. Thank you for doing what you can to escalate this in priority.

Caitlin_M
Administrator
Status changed to: Planned

Hi all. There are plans to update the Twitter logo within the Social block. We cannot announce a date when the update will occur but we'll provide updates should we hear of any movement.

Adding to the chorus of voices to provide the X logo as an option in the social network block. They released their brand toolkit more than 20 days ago. This platform is making the users appear outdated and technologically behind the times. Please update it.

LiquorW
Rookie

When will the X logo be added? This post was made 08-01-2023. Its been over a month. Brand kit linked below! Update ASAP. 

https://about.twitter.com/en/who-we-are/brand-toolkit

Updates
Introducing our new Feedback area

Our Feedback board is changing! From updated statuses to clearer processes, we're working to improve the conversation between you and our Product teams

Visit the Blog
Announcements
What's New?

See the latest Constant Contact product release notes and updates.

Learn More