cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Due to an issue with YouTube, inserting videos in your emails is showing an error. Until they are able to resolve this issue, we recommend using a different video hosting service. We will continue to monitor this outage and update you as we have more information.

Campaign Series - Sending email to specific

Occasional Participant

Campaign Series - Sending email to specific

Hello Everyone,

I'm running into a workflow issue that I thought I'd be able to do with using an automated series campaign but I'm not sure that if I can do what I'm looking for. Here is the sequence:

1. Send an email to the subscriber when they join a list - works fine
  2. Send an reminder email to the subscriber 3 days later - works fine
  3. Send an email to a SPECIFIC EMAIL ADDRESS (not the subscribers) to inform them to follow-up with the contact - I do not see how I can specifiy an email address for a specific email to be sent to

Is this possible? If so, can someone tell me how I can go about doing this? I realize this is more of a "business workflow" question but just need to know for sure before telling the client "we can't do this".

Best Regards,

Gary

Tags (3)
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Campaign Series - Sending email to specific

Hi @GaryH090 

Both our regular email campaigns and automated series are designed to send to a list of contacts. If you are looking to send to a specific email address I would suggest first moving your contact into a separate list. This separate list can then be connected to its own automated email. You can also even schedule an email campaign to send to this list at a later date and time.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.
Highlighted
Occasional Participant

Hi Frankie,

Thanks so much for the response. However, I don't think this is going to help. In the same automated series, at some point I want an email to go to a specific email address. You cannot control the "To" attribute of a specific email in the campaign. That is the issue I'm having. After the initial email goes out, and then a follow-up 3 days later, I want to send an email to the sales team to remind them to follow-up.

Thanks,

Gary

Hi @GaryH090 

I apologize my previous workaround isn't the solution you may have been looking for! I can understand how helpful it would be to control the to attribute in one of our emails. However as previously mentioned our campaigns do not work this way. Being able to do this is a great feature request I have submitted in your account to our Product Team. In the meantime, the only way this can be done is by manually sending it to them through one of the work around options provided.

Frankie.P
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.