cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change sender address?

Occasional Participant

How to change sender address?

I'm new to Constant Contact, and had to login to this, my client's account, to amend a newsletter last week.  During the process, I tried to add myself as a recipient to receive notifications about the newsletter, never realising that THE NEWSLETTER WOULD GET SENT SHOWING MY PERSONAL EMAIL ADDRESS AS THE SENDER.  This is now affecting all newsletters on the account.  How do I fix the sender address?

Can anyone advise me (as I am unable to contact support via chat or international phone even within the stated available hours)?

5 REPLIES 5
CTCT Employee

Re: How to change sender address?

Hello ShantiG,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. From the information provided it is possible this is related to the header options within each individual campaign created. If you would like to read more about changing the information in the header Click here for an with a guide on how to update the header.

Tiago_R
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing
Occasional Participant

Hi @Tiago_R

Thanks for the suggestion.  I tried editing some recent campaigns and editing the header as per your instructions, but the details were correct and did not include my email address.  I then tried copying one of the campaigns that I knew was a problem, and still, the header details were correct.  Even while these headers appeared correct, all newsletters have been sent with my personal email address showing as the sender!  So the problem seems to run deeper than individual campaigns.

So I went into Manage My Settings and then clicked on Verify Address.  I remember that Constant Contact asked me to verify my address when I tried to add myself as a recipient for notifications.  My personal address was listed along with the official ones in the Verification Status list and I was able to delete it.  I still don't know why my address was being used as the default sender for ALL newsletters, especially since it was in the sixth position from the top of the list.  But I am hoping now that Constant Contact will no longer use it on all campaigns!  So time will tell.  

This is still a mystery and I would appreciate your further comments, thanks.

CTCT Employee

Hey @ShantiG,

Thank you for reaching out to us again! We are glad to hear that the issue has been fixed! When it comes to adding yourself to the clients account to get notifications, did you add yourself under the contacts tab initially? Or what was the process you went through to add yourself?

Desi_B

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media.  Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
Occasional Participant

Hi @Desi_B

I don't really know yet whether the issue has been fixed.  Only time will tell!

You asked "When it comes to adding yourself to the clients account to get notifications, did you add yourself under the contacts tab initially? Or what was the process you went through to add yourself?" - No, I did not add myself under the contacts tab.  It was during the process of editing or scheduling a newsletter, and there was an option in the right-hand column to do something like adding myself as a recipient for notifications.  After I selected to do that, it asked me to verify my email address, which I did.  I'm sorry I didn't capture a screenshot, and as I said, I am new to Constant Contact.

Does that give you a clue to what occurred?

Hi @ShantiG

It sounds like you added your email address as an option to receive early results for your email. This is an option you have on the right hand side of the scheduling page for a campaign. Which is why you saw your email along with all the other verified emails in your account settings. Verifying your email for this account then allows it to be an option as the from or reply. I took a look at a handful of campaigns and can see that most do not have your personal address as the from email address. This from email address is something that can be changed inside of the campaign you’re working on. Deleting your verified email does however help. It will remove you from the list of verified emails, being an early results contact, and the option of being the from email address.

Frankie.P

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

You're not alone on your email marketing journey. Connect with a Marketing Advisor to see how they can help you develop the right strategy for your business and get the most out of your Constant Contact experience.