cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Drag & Drop Build Options Causes Uncontrollable Scrolling

All Star

I've had the same issue since I started using the new generation editor.  Super frustrating!  I'm on a PC, chrome, using a wireless mouse.

Tags (5)
17 REPLIES 17
CTCT Employee

Hello @JillA95215,

Thank you for giving us your feedback on this! I apologize that you are having this experience. Have you tried on a different browser just to troubleshoot the issue? You may want to try that, so we can see if this issue is browser specific or not. Thank you! 

Zoe_H
Community & Social Media Support

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

It's not browser specific because it happens in Firefox also. I encounter it a lot. So hard to get the item in the place where you want it. Also, I am using a wired mouse, so it's not the wireless issue.

Tags (4)
CTCT Employee

Hello @JulieL34,

Thank you for that information! Does this issue happen in every email newsletter you work in or just a specific one? 

Zoe_H

Did I answer your question? If so, please mark my post as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Anyone can be a marketer! Visit our Blog & Resources page to brush up on the latest tips and tricks.
Valued Contributor

It happens all the time, whenever I drag an element into the email or move one to a different part of it.

My workaround was to set up a template with a log of the elements already there, but they still need to be moved around, and the same problem occurs.

CTCT Employee

Hello @JulieL34,

It may be where you are dragging and dropping your information as well. Images and text blocks can only fit in between separate blocks. Does this same issue continue to happen when you clear your cache? 

Zoe_H

Valued Contributor

Clearing cache does not seem to help.

I am well aware that you can only put blocks in certain places, but hte problem is that the uncontrollable scrolling doesn't stop so you can position it in one of those "correct" places. It just goes haywire. Sometimes have to go up and down 15 or 20 times before getting it to stop finally, and there doesn't seem to be anything to do to "trick" it into stopping. Just wild scrolling.

Tags (3)
CTCT Employee

Hello @JulieL34,

Thank you for that information. We are bringing this to our higher level of support so they can do additional research, if we need more information we will follow up with you tomorrow. Thank you! 

Zoe_H

All Star

I haven't tried that.  Would rather not have to switch browsers but I'll give it a shot next time.

All Star

I have the same issue.  It is beyond frustrating when trying to drag and drop something to a particular place in my email and the page scrolls up and down without stopping.  I've tried different browsers - normally I use Chrome.