cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of PDF's on website

All Star

Use of PDF's on website

In a community post from 2014 I found this note regarding the use of PDF's of our newseltter on our website:

"Please Note: It's a violation of our terms to host a PDF version of your newsletter on your website. You can instead use Email Archive to host your email and share the link to your Archive Homepage on your website."

Is this policy still part of the terms of use? If yes, could you instruct me on how to use the archive to share the newsletter on our website? Thank you for your help.

2 REPLIES 2
CTCT Employee

Re: Use of PDF's on website

Hello @CyndiS27,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. While we don't allow PDF versions of the emails to be used on a personal website (per our Terms and Condition), there are a few ways you can still host emails on them. If you would like to learn about the Archive feature, that is certainly a great tool that allows you to set up a list of emails to be linked on your site. Our FAQ on the new Archive tool provides some screenshots and details on how this works.

However, another option that you might like to know about is the ability to simply just get a shareable link for your emails that you can use. You can easily access these links for any of your sent out emails. Once an email is sent out, you can click on the actions tab to right of a sent email on your Campaigns page and you will see a "Short URL" option in the dropdown menu. This web link is essentially the same link that the Archive feature generates and allows for easy copy and pasting to your website, and links to a web-page version of the email.

Here is a screenshot on how to access this:

short_URL.png

I hope this helps.

Jonathan Rich
Community & Social Media Support

If you find my post helpful, and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution" by clicking the Accept as Solution button in the bottom right hand corner of this post.

Increase your profitability by integrating your email marketing and social media. Download this guide and learn how you can achieve great results with email marketing and social media combined!
All Star

Re: Use of PDF's on website

Thank you! This was very helpful!